PDA

View Full Version : A New one for All,, ( FUNNY)

MarkTodd2233
02-01-2010, 06:18 PM
a couple of weeks ago a guy that use to work for me in the pest control side call me up and said that he wanted to go in to cutting grass. I told him that I was already thinking about that, so he told me that he would buy all the equipment they we needed, when his income tax came in. That put a flag up. He also asked to make it a seperate division of Mark's Exterminating where he could go under my insurance. It would still be called Mark's, but he would run it. Well when I told him that he could run it, & get a good %,, he fliped out;)
He wanted to own 50 % of the lawn care side. Come to find out he was only going to put up $1500.00 for equipment, RIGHT!!!!!!!,,,, Well when I said NO,,, he asked me what I was going to put up,,,, I said 700 current customers, Me saling, My Insurance, & my Name,,, I told him LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU CAN put up $1500.00 & own 1/2 of the business;),,,,,,So I went out to Day and Bought me $6000.00 worth of equipment to go at my self........ & a 15 year old with some YOUNG blood,,,lol

Cheers

Mark

ProcsLC
02-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Mark... Not to be rude, but WHAT? I would recommend some punctuation, a comma or two, and maybe a run at the old spell check...

I think what your trying to say is this guy thought he could "buy in" to your current 700 customer business for $1500 bucks as long as he could run the lawn care side of things.. Would he own 50% of the lawn care and also 50% of the pest control for $1500 bucks? If that's the case... Then I too, would have laughed.

MarkTodd2233
02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Sorry too many beers,,,lol,,, yes he wanted 50% of both sides,,,Plus he wanted me to do all the selling & use my contractors,,,,,

FourTrees
02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd have laughed him off even if he only asked for 10% buy in. Who needs him if you already have so much going for you.

sehitchman
02-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Funny how times have changed. When I was a young man, with no money but lots of ambition I found this situation. Gentleman with a local business that I frequented was looking for new blood and growth before he retired. He wanted to hire me but I was reluctant to make the move without a guarantee of the future. We settled on, a price for the business and as long as I grew it 10% per year in revenue, he would give me 5% of the company. After five years I owned 25% of the business. He died and the widow sold it out from under me, but I walked away with a nice nest egg. Your guy needs to work his way into ownership, not be gifted it just for showing up with a mower. I like the people on this forum, everyone knows how much work it takes to build a business.