PDA

View Full Version : CAST vs. UNIQUE

aizaddasti
02-02-2010, 06:16 PM
i am planning to have path lights, bullets, well lights and wall washes installed. i like both cast and unique. any advice on quality, reputation, value, and service on both manufacturers. are they both on the same level? thanks

The Lighting Geek
02-02-2010, 06:44 PM
I believe both are good companies and have good product lines. You can't go wrong with either one.

indylights
02-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I have installed both for about seven years. Both are solid products and solid companies.

aizaddasti
02-03-2010, 01:33 AM
any opinions on focus lighting?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Both CAST and Unique are reputable companies with strong product offerings and good warranties. Same with Focus.

That being said, I dont think you need to choose a single manufacturer, in fact I would recommend that you do not. Every company out there has some great fixtures and some weaker fixtures. I have never found one that can be all things to all people.

This is where a professional designer/contractor comes into play. By hiring a pro, you are going to benefit from their experience, skill, knowledge and art.

A great lighting system is so much more than the sum of it's parts. Don't buy a bunch of lights and hope for the best. Hire a pro to design and install a Lighting System for you.

RLDesign
02-03-2010, 10:09 AM
As usual, we said James. Talk soon.

Tanek

NightScenes
02-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I think I would lean toward CAST or Unique over Focus and if I had to choose only one between CAST and Unique, I would go with CAST because they are AOLP members and I try to go with fellow members first. I'm admitting bias here.

Pro-Scapes
02-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Come on Paul you cant discredit unique because they are no longer AOLP members.

As others said they are both solid lines. I have some cast systems in the ground for several years with more or less prefference issues rather than any issues you wouldnt find with any other brand.

Go with the gear you feel the best qualified designer and installer will be using. The best stuff in the world in the wrong hands is worthless.

I had some issues with focus products in the past but I am fond of thier underwater light. Very stout little fixture.

BrandonV
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
i love cast tree lights, and i LOVE unique's starburst and uplights.... put in both!

Lite4
02-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I prefer Unique products over the CAST line. Cast's line is just too limited for those who really want to push the limits beyond basic everyday lighting.

JoeyD
02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Go with UNIQUE!!! LOL I am a bit biased I guess also.

CAST is a great line and has some very nice products in no way can I knock their products at all. I like to think we (Unique) are stronger in the realm of options and product design/construction. We have lots of little things that can help make your life easier in not only the installation phase of your lighting system but also in the maintenance and growth of your landscape and lighting system.

You really need to take a close look at both companies to make a decision for yourself but if you look at our new 24v system that may be all you need to see to help you decide on our product line.

We unfortunatley are no longer sponsors or AOLP but we are sponsors, and the firt sponsor, of this fine lighting forum here on Lawnsite that all of the public and industry get to enjoy!! Please let me know if you have any questions!!

NightScenes
02-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey Billy, I didn't discredit Unique. I said that they are a good product. I just said that I'm bias which is just honesty.

NightScenes
02-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Actually Joey, the first sponsor of this forum was Froglights but I think they have drowned

JoeyD
02-05-2010, 01:06 PM
LOL...I should have said we were the first MANUFACTURER sponsor....hahahh..

NightScenes
02-05-2010, 01:14 PM
LOL...I should have said we were the first MANUFACTURER sponsor....hahahh..

There ya go!!