PDA

View Full Version : Stole the plow right off my one of my trucks.

mirrorlandscapes
02-03-2010, 04:24 PM
We were getting ready to plow right before new years and my guy shows up to our storage and finds the truck, but no plow.

I get a call while I'm out plowing, "Did you take the plow off the truck?" ... "um, no." ... "well it's not here"

Yup, somebody came in unhooked the plow and took it. They had to have been eyeing it for awhile because you don't just drive by and decide to swipe a snow plow.

Needless to say it was a long nite plowing by myself.

Stolen in Dixon, IL. 2007 Snoway 22 series.

Tyler7692
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Call local Snoway dealers and find out if anyone has been looking to buy only the plow mount for your model plow. Although that doesn't definately mean they took it, but it could help.

MarcSmith
02-07-2010, 02:47 PM
not only the plow mounts, but controller as well...

Danscapes
02-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Thieves are getting brave these day. A contractor that I used to work for had a plow, the mount and all of the wiring stolen off of one their trucks not so long ago.

froglawn
02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
WOW...guess that kind of thing is no longer "unheard of"!

360ci
02-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Perhaps one has to cut holes through the mount and plow, chain them together with a solid weather proof lock to keep things secure these days. I never heard of someone just taking a snow plow, but DAMN.

I gotta say though, this new tool tracking system that Ford has out, perhaps it could be utilized on plows, trailers and other equipment. There's a fee for it, but in this case it'd be money well spent.