PDA

View Full Version : Flyers inserted in the local paper...

mcoates
02-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Has anyone had any success with inserting flyers in the local paper?

ProcsLC
02-03-2010, 05:52 PM
It's more expensive then going door to door and handing them out obviously... But we received about the same rate of return and didn't need to walk 450 miles.

So I say, if your budget can afford it, then let them pass the flyer out... Only down side is every now and then you might want to "skip a lawn" and obviously you can't do this with paper inserts...

Here's a thought, do both this season and keep track, 90% of the time the customer has one of my flyers in their hand when i show up and since I run different flyers, it's pretty easy to figure out what's working and where they got it from.

Good luck this season!

mcoates
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the advice! And I found it to be pretty cheap at around $45 dollars per thousand... I plan on doing 7500..so I guess thats better then walking and I can get them out in one day..plus you can trust these people.

My only problem now would be that my minimum size for a flyer has to be 5X7 or larger. Its just hard to find those at a good price. Any suggestion? It seems like 4x6 is the cut off for good pricing...

ProcsLC
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Ya make your own flyers at home and then print off one and take it to a copy shop like Kinko's or whatever is in your area... You can very easily design a 5x7 at home... We wnt with a full page insert in our paper because it was the same price as the half sheets... So ask them and see if there's a price difference first...

Grass Shark
02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I use staples by me i do half sheet flyers they charge .10 cents a copy so you get your for .05 cents each if you do two to a page. That works pretty well. or you could get one of these door hanger specials. At a place like 3000doorhangers.com they are like $175, and you can hang them it looks better

echeandia
02-05-2010, 10:19 AM
I tried it two years ago and did not receive a single call. I put out 2500 flyers two weeks in a row in the Sunday paper and the return was zero. Needless to say I won't be doing that again.

New2TheGreenIndustry
02-05-2010, 10:43 AM
What about an add in the service section. It will cost me $30/week and reach 12,000 homes. Minimum of 13 weeks. I think I will do it March-May.

mcoates
02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
What time of the year did you put them out?

mcoates
02-05-2010, 06:52 PM
I tried it two years ago and did not receive a single call. I put out 2500 flyers two weeks in a row in the Sunday paper and the return was zero. Needless to say I won't be doing that again.

What time of the year did you put them out?