PDA

View Full Version : What should i do

cpt87gn
02-03-2010, 09:39 PM
First of all im planning on stating new this year I have most of my equipment .except the trailer and 32-36wb that im looking to buy soon
/remember i dont have any accounts yet
theres a guy local thats selling his equipment and accounts at a decent price
which includes 36"wb trailer with racks backpack blower 21"honda wheel barrels rakes ect Great Dane 21hp Kohler 61" hydro (that needs work)that i wont need and 20 accounts 18 residential 2 commercail My question is should I buy this from him or buy a good WB & trailer and advertise myself

cbegap
02-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Hard to say without a price. I wouldn't pay much for residential "accounts" but commercials might be a different story because I find them much harder to get. You don't know if accounts will stay with you and they might not be what you want anyway. What size trailer? Is he going to ride with you and ease you into the accounts so the HO's get comfortable with you or take the money and run? Its all a function of price for me.

echeandia
02-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Have you spoken with the guy? Will he introduce you to the customers? I would negotiate the equipment and accounts separately and only buy the equipment I needed.

cpt87gn
02-05-2010, 09:55 PM
yeah i spoke to him hes willing to introduce me But he hasn't told the homeowners yet
Im thinking about offering him a less and he can keep the bigger mower he is asking 5500
the comercial accounts are not that big of a deal there real small but he said that one of his costomer is a realter and he gets other jobs from him

mow2nd
02-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Maybe ask him why he's getting out. Maybe he under priced the lawns and is losing money or not making any.

J Hisch
02-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Knock on doors you can land 20 accounts in a week if you hit the streets.

cpt87gn
02-06-2010, 11:04 PM
I mite just buy a 36" Scag or a 36" hustler trimstar thats for sale and get a trailer and ill be ready to start passing out flyers or door hangers But im not sure when to start advertising

SangerLawn
02-07-2010, 02:55 AM
That great dane is going to be under powered….are you sure you don’t mean 27 horses? That is what mine is.

Here, I am going to help you out. My keyboard has lots of punctuation marks. Ill add a bunch here and you can borrow as many of them as you would like….these little things make it so much easier to read something :)

......??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,………………’’’’’’’’’’’,,,,,,,…….????????!!!!!!!!!!....... .............. I gave you lots of periods because they are the most commonly used.

FireFighterMowing
02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I think that he is offering a pretty good deal! You will start with a decent income and be able to expand from there. If you don't think you'll need the larger mower then don't buy it. I bought accounts last year, but at the end of the season. I put a clause in our contract that i will only pay him for the customers i keep for the first month. Just a thought. GOOD LUCK

cpt87gn
02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
im not sure that he is really selling the accounts .Because is seen the ad before without the accounts for the same price I think hes just throwing them into the deal

xclusive
02-07-2010, 04:06 PM
......??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,………………’’’’’’’’’’’,,,,,,,…….????????!!!!!!!!!!....... .............. I gave you lots of periods because they are the most commonly used.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: