PDA

View Full Version : Question about cost of irrigation system

RLS
06-02-2002, 11:56 PM
Hey all, I have a question.
My mother-in-law is wanting to have an irrigation system installed at her place. She has asked us to do this, but we just can't right now (too busy mowing thank goodness), and also, we really do not know anything about doing something like this. Other than a few repairs here and there at some of our customers houses, we have NO experience in this.
The area where she wants the system intalled is an open area that measures 200' X 100'.
Finally, my question is, what would be a ball park figure of what this project might cost her. We were just curious about what to expect the price to be.
Have a good evening all!!
Paula Richey :)

JR LeGer
06-12-2002, 02:27 AM
I have tried many times and have never been able to come up with a standard way to estimate irrigation systems. I mean you can do the price of pipe per foot and etc., but it is all so case specific. We charge a standard amount per valves and different types of heads always, but as far as the rest of it it all just depends. Around here we have to go under concrete and sidewalks and through block walls and whatever else you can think of so we always factor all of that stuff in.

We have put in systems covering well over 20,000 sq. ft., and the prices were high. In fact, we charge a lot for irrigation systems. It has been awhile since we have done a residential one that big, (big for AZ). The most recent one we did was about a total materials cost to us of maybe $500 or $700 and I think we charged like $3000 or $4000. I am sure it all depends on different areas people live in.