PDA

View Full Version : Do you flyer homes with a no soliciting sign on the door

openbook
02-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I dont, but was wondering if anyone does? One customer of mine flagged me down to clean her sidewalks while she is on vacation and I noticed the sign on her door. It just made me wonder would I get more business if I left flyers at those properties or just respectfully skip them?

I'm not really looking to flyer this year, I'm more looking for a ft job. Just thought of this as food for thought for the board.

Marc_in_CT
02-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Just found this thread on this very topic. Hope this helps!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=268714

openbook
02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Yes that helps, to each his own I guess.

FourTrees
02-04-2010, 03:17 PM
There is no form of advertising that does not upset some people. Many cities consider door selling and leaving fliers as separate forms of advertising. Some cities require separate lisc. for each.

I have caught people in there yard (NO SOLICIT sign clearly visible) as I was taking a flier to door. Said "just delivering this flier for our Lawn Care company". They asked for details, sold them our services. I have been called back by many people that have sign, but I left flier anyway. Sold services to a number of people with sign.

I do not like having to answer door and speak with a solicitor, I have a sign on my home.

I have a sign on my home as I just said and I do not mind it if someone leaves a flier I can respond to if I am interested in service.

JFGauvreau
02-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I always knock one no soliciting sign. When you become a great salesman you will see.. I once sold a service after 10 min of talking, the guy was yelling at me to go away in the first 10 sec.

I also once sold a lawn care program to a guy inside his home, I was speaking thru the window.

echeandia
02-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Leaving a door hanger is not soliciting. It is considered distributing handbills. We leave door hangers on all houses we pass except for ones where the homeowner is out front as that is soliciting and requires a permit. We also skip homes were a dog or child is out front or if the front door is open.

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010
02-05-2010, 04:27 AM
I always knock one no soliciting sign. When you become a great salesman you will see.. I once sold a service after 10 min of talking, the guy was yelling at me to go away in the first 10 sec.

I also once sold a lawn care program to a guy inside his home, I was speaking thru the window.

you interested in doing your salemans for my company lol:laugh:

JFGauvreau
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I think i'll stick with my company lol

jiggz
02-05-2010, 11:40 PM
i have an dont give a **** about anything attitude, so i dont care..

last year i walked into a company and there was 2 big signs saying no soliciting.. i kept walking in further into the office, ((like i owned the place)) haha im such a dick..and I accidentally walked into a meeting of like 10 high ups in a back office..hahahaha

i handed them a biz card like

"hey I'm Danny I can see your busy.. if you want me to cut give me a buzz, alright good talk""

they called 2 days later hahaha..

Fcuk a sign

unkownfl
02-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I mean really what are they going to do?

unkownfl
02-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Just realized 1000th post in 9 months wow I have no life.