PDA

View Full Version : Sweet deal

MarkTodd2233
02-04-2010, 11:19 PM
For the past 2 days I have been talking with a home center company (Parish Home Center in Zachary La) that opened up a nursery & landscaping side about 3 years ago, well they have had a hard time keeping employees on that side, and they want to only sell retail and not to the work, and do to everything is so slow they are not hiring anyone to oversee the nusery & retail side of it. It another building away from the main one. Well the Owner & I came up with that he will let me advertise in there with a banner, cards etc, if when I have nothing to do, just come buy a couple of hours a day and over see it, Just looking at it as a marketing tool, I will be able to talk with customers about Lawn Care & Pest Control and get leads, in return I will help out at to charge and when I am free, and will send people his way that need to buy flowers,,,

What to yall think of this idea

echeandia
02-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I doubt you get any business out of this arrangement. Will you be wearing a Parish uniform or just be some stranger approaching their customers? If it is the latter I would expect most customers to not be receptive to your help.

Let us know how it works out. Good Luck.

MarkTodd2233
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
I will be in my uniform, the idea came up when a contractor, the owner & I was having lunch and were talking about Zachary la. Zachary is a town that wants to keep there money in zachary. See my office is 2 doors down from Parish, & the way I built my pest control Company was when I started in 2004 was from there, referrals, and riding around town like a cop on a beet when I was not busy, sitting the parking lot and doing work on the labtop. My first 3 years I had 1600 customers, well after 14 employess that I went though, I sold 1/2 of them just so I couild cover it my seff. we were thinking instead of walking doors, sending out mailers, to try this. They will ad my Name to there web site & put my name on the sign out front. My truck with my equipment will be parked out front with my equipment, so people can see it. They also have a enclosed trailer they will let me use if I re-strip it and cover it with my insurance.
just trying something different, dont really want to spend all the money on mail outs. Maybe a way to get some more customers before season starts,

Golfpro21
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
I will be in my uniform, the idea came up when a contractor, the owner & I was having lunch and were talking about Zachary la. Zachary is a town that wants to keep there money in zachary. See my office is 2 doors down from Parish, & the way I built my pest control Company was when I started in 2004 was from there, referrals, and riding around town like a cop on a beet when I was not busy, sitting the parking lot and doing work on the labtop. My first 3 years I had 1600 customers, well after 14 employess that I went though, I sold 1/2 of them just so I couild cover it my seff. we were thinking instead of walking doors, sending out mailers, to try this. They will ad my Name to there web site & put my name on the sign out front. My truck with my equipment will be parked out front with my equipment, so people can see it. They also have a enclosed trailer they will let me use if I re-strip it and cover it with my insurance.
just trying something different, dont really want to spend all the money on mail outs. Maybe a way to get some more customers before season starts,
1600 CUSTOMERS.....DAMN WITH THAT MANY YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO MARKET LIKE A PRO.......good luck with the venture