PDA

View Full Version : Good or bad idea

nccutter
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
There is a corner house of a nice subdivision on a main road with a ton of traffic. My question is, I was thinking of doing this house for free in exchange for being allowed to put a sign in his yard with my name on it. Have any of you ever done this?

NorthTXlawnguy
02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I haven't done this and that could be good, however I would bargain for something else like maybe half off so you are at least getting something for your efforts. Kind of a trade off and good deal for both you and the home owner..just my .02

mow2nd
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
I've done it but nobody cares. You might get one or 2 lawns out of it. I did an open lot for a neighborhood last year for free. Put my sign out and didn't get one call. The lot was garbage when I started. End of the season it was looking nice. You're be better off spending your time and money on flyers.

ProcsLC
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I never did this but I have a friend in Indiana that tried this method and the only calls he got where from this guys friends looking for him to place a sign in their front yard as well and cut the grass for free... At the end of the season he told me he didn't get any customers out of it just a few people wanting free lawn cutting for sign placement trade... Something to think about...

NorthTXlawnguy
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Well, it looks to be a bad idea! I think a dh with something like a free cut on the first months service will generate more calls. I would just make sure you print "restrictions apply" on the dh. My clause is that if they cancel before seasons end they will be billed for the free cut...

Golfpro21
02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Well, it looks to be a bad idea! I think a dh with something like a free cut on the first months service will generate more calls. I would just make sure you print "restrictions apply" on the dh. My clause is that if they cancel before seasons end they will be billed for the free cut...

how about the free cut is the last one of season...this forces them to stay loyal all season long

nccutter
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
bummer....I thought that would have worked.....on to plan "B"

nccutter
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
no good to bad

tinman
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Would not do it free until I saw it was paying off... offer for free for 3 months.. no calls and just stop. Worth a try.

John Deere Mann
02-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Another thing is to check your local city/town ordinance laws for placing signs out. Even if its on yours or anybody else's property. Here they take our signs and get a fine.

froglawn
02-09-2010, 06:37 PM
mmmmm i dunno about this means of advertising... UNLESS IT GETS MAJOR traffic...i would say no to it