PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Solutions's New Mower....kinda

LawnSolutionsCP
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
We are going to show this next week for the first time at the American Rental Show in Orlando, FL.

It is a tracked brush cutter that can take down a 4-5" tree and grind it up along with anything else in it's path. It will clear pretty much anything and grind it down to 4". It also does well mowing down tall grasses.

It has a very low center of gravity and less than 2 psi ground pressure so you can take it anywhere without getting stuck...even in very soft ground. All the hydraulics are under the deck which is sealed on all sides giving it 5.5" of ground clearance to drive over obstacles. Everthing is tucked away under the deck so they don't get torn off driving through brush.

It handles AWESOME and feels very light at the controls. Turn on the blades and it sounds like a turbine engine. Make an incredible woooshing sound and incredibly smooth. Drive over a tree and WOW. I just need to find enough places to give it a work out...it makes work more like play time.

Specs:
20-24hp Kawaski V-Twin
40" Cut
44" Total Width and 72" long
Twin blades - 3/8" hardened steel with fails and carbide cutter that are easily replacable.
4 mph top ground speed
Dual hydrostatic drive
2 psi ground pressure on tracks

We are looking at adding a fold down operator platform for riding when doing larger jobs. In rough terrain it is better to walk with the unit.

Retail is $6,500 and will start taking order next week for April delivery.

David

starry night
02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Where's the topdresser?

petroskie
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
that thing is neat looking and sound efficiant!

petroskie
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
how does it do on hill sides?

Jason Rose
02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
A walk behind brush cutter that actually WORKS? That thing looks like a beast for sure. Surely you made a video! :)

I've tried a billy goat, and to my suprise it was about as worthless as trying to use a 21" push mower in the thick stuff, and I was just mowing prarie grass, not trees!

petroskie
02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Im iffy with anywalk behinds, even the DR is the best walk behind i have used but it dont stand a chance to the commercial DR pull behind, i think its cause the pull behind has the floating deck and crap can get out alot better so no clogging, and it was the break away blades, but man it does such good work, ill have to try and get some pics up, o and best part, walk behind you have to walk, pull behind, i just ride the quad an crankup the Ipod and chew some seeds

LawnSolutionsCP
02-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Serious video will be coming soon...

LawnSolutionsCP
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Where's the topdresser?

Coming soon....stay tuned.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
the price is nice toooo
cant wait to see it work

Jason Rose
02-05-2010, 03:22 PM
So when is Lawn Solutions going to break into the commercial mower market? Perhaps a good 32 to 34 inch hydro walk behind with a catcher set-up that dosn't hang off the side as far as the mower is wide... Timed twin blades (like the old troybilt decks, but heavier duty) to make the machine super short and cut and mulch awesome, also a crank deck height for infinate and on the fly cutting height settings.

Just tossing out the idea.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-05-2010, 05:18 PM
We have at least 2 more years of projects that we are working on...so not any time soon.

We may prototype one in the next 12 months but that is as far as it will go.

A mower will be one of the last things we would look at making just because there are so many out there already.

Barefoot James
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
What happend to that big old dogwood in my front yard?? Wood chips everywhere and no tree. LOL
That thing is awesome.
I bet you are having some fun.

Go David.:weightlifter:

Barefoot James
02-05-2010, 06:29 PM
You should call it the Lawn Solutions TANK add a muzzle to the front.
Or maybe TANKanator

EastCoast
02-05-2010, 11:22 PM
That machine looks awesome.... luv the tracks!

HISnHERS
02-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Boy do I have a property to test that thing.......:)

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-07-2010, 05:08 AM
Is a Chattanooga demo with a probable buy possible?

LawnSolutionsCP
02-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Of course...

Should be able to do that this spring when I'm making rounds visiting dealers.
Posted via Mobile Device

yardmanlee
02-07-2010, 10:18 AM
looks pretty tuff David, any thoughts of having a platform to stand on w/ it?

djagusch
02-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Wouldn't the wheels on the sides of the deck slow the machine from going forward? A thicker sapling would want to stop it also.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-07-2010, 01:30 PM
looks pretty tuff David, any thoughts of having a platform to stand on w/ it?

It is in the works...

LawnSolutionsCP
02-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Wouldn't the wheels on the sides of the deck slow the machine from going forward? A thicker sapling would want to stop it also.

The wheels are casters like on a mower...there is no way it would slow the machine.

The machine is actually balanced so the front wheels really aren't needed. They are used to keep novice users from sticking the blades in the ground when going up kills or to keep the deck from scraping when going into a trailer or pickup. They are also needed when working on rough terrain as well.

The track unit is heavy enough to hold the deck up just on it's own.

Yes, you should slow the unit when driving up to a large sapling. You can stick the blades 2-3" into a small tree before the unit really even starts to push on it. The deck guard articulates exposing the blades even more as it runs up on brush or a tree and then return to the lower position once the obstacle has been removed. A small sapling....2"....just hit it a full speed and watch it get shredded.

djagusch
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
The wheels are casters like on a mower...there is no way it would slow the machine.

The machine is actually balanced so the front wheels really aren't needed. They are used to keep novice users from sticking the blades in the ground when going up kills or to keep the deck from scraping when going into a trailer or pickup. They are also needed when working on rough terrain as well.

The track unit is heavy enough to hold the deck up just on it's own.

Yes, you should slow the unit when driving up to a large sapling. You can stick the blades 2-3" into a small tree before the unit really even starts to push on it. The deck guard articulates exposing the blades even more as it runs up on brush or a tree and then return to the lower position once the obstacle has been removed. A small sapling....2"....just hit it a full speed and watch it get shredded.

I was getting at that if you are moving forward in a patch of saplings if your pushing and a sapling or two hits the outside caster wheel or mount (non cutting area) it would slow it down. Guessing it could bend over but thought a thud might happen when it runs into it also.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-07-2010, 11:08 PM
I was getting at that if you are moving forward in a patch of saplings if your pushing and a sapling or two hits the outside caster wheel or mount (non cutting area) it would slow it down. Guessing it could bend over but thought a thud might happen when it runs into it also.

Yes you could, but 1" right or left and it would go to either side of the caster. With the dual hydro just a slight touch to the control and it would become wood chips or go to the side for the next pass.

The casters actually bolt to the skid plates on the deck which would do basically the same thing. The casters just keep the blades up and out of the dirt in rough terrain.

Greg78
02-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Any more photos? Underside view and back view? Website? This thing would be the ticket for overgrown foreclosures....

LawnSolutionsCP
02-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Any more photos? Underside view and back view? Website? This thing would be the ticket for overgrown foreclosures....

We are in Orlando this week for the ARA show if you want to see it in person.

I'm actually getting ready to head over to Kennedy Space Center to watch the Shuttle Launch this morning at 4:15AM. Josh and I got a personal invite from the director of the space center to come watch the launch. We are going to be 2.5 miles from the launch pad...so close that we have to get our 8 minutes after launch as to get hit with the toxic fumes from engines.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-07-2010, 11:41 PM
I'll post more pics on Friday. I left the card ready at home for my digital camera.

EastCoast
02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Did you guys get out prior to the 8 minutes?

LawnSolutionsCP
02-08-2010, 07:40 PM
That was one of the most incredible things I have seen. We were 2-miles from the pad watching with the NASA families.

It was like looking at the sun at 4:00 am in the morning with lots of ground shaking.

I have pics that I'll post on Friday when I get home. Ill we definely going again this summer.

David
Posted via Mobile Device

yardmanlee
02-08-2010, 08:23 PM
David, My parents, neighbors parents live pretty close to there and she has told me the times they can watch it launch from their house, pretty incredible

grassman177
02-11-2010, 05:00 AM
now that looks like one very fine flail mower type beast thing . serious man, you guys make some really nice stuff, very well thought out indeed. makes me wish we had more brush removal jobs!!! videos are anticipated for sure.

i saw a shuttle launch back in the late 80s. it was awesome.

LawnSolutionsCP
02-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Here it is...we have 5-6" of snow of the ground and another 4-5 expected this weekend. I wanted to do it without the snow, but it just adds to the video.

Brush Video (http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/Brush.wmv)

Took down some 5-6" trees which is definitely the upper limit of the machine. Just knock the tree over then back up a 6-12" to make sure the stump is ground all the way down.

At the 1:06 part of the video I hit a small 3" sapling and it ran through it like it wasn't there.

Barefoot James
02-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah I talked with your cohorts (interns) today at the farm show. They had a great time doing this video. I hear your took down a massive tree over 6 inches??