PDA

View Full Version : Starting in Northern Illinois

anj4ever6236
02-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Hey guys this year is going to be my first true year alone last year I started of around September with little work and I have some questions for the guys in illinois.

I will be doing Lawn mowing, trimming,sod, fall spring clean-ups, brick patios etc. all the regular stuff expect fertilizer. What type of licence do I need for this? do I need different types and how much does it usually cost. will it cover me only in cook county or all of illinois. Also last year I had about 4 accounts so I didn't have insurance because I was scared I was not going to be able to afford it. What type of insurance do I need? its just me and my fiancee. does that mean I need workmans insurance or just liability. I have 2 trucks insured as commercial. I was thinking to get insurance around april when I see if I can get atleast 10 accounts. any help would be great thanks guys. I PAY TAXES AND EVERYTHING IM NOT A LOWBALLER SO PLEASE FOR THOSE GUYS THAT LIKE TO TALK TRASH ONLINE BUT NOT OUTSIDE PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirt&snow
02-06-2010, 01:19 AM
if you're going to be installing brick pavers id recommend some classes and/or becoming certified with the ICPI

one question...how are you paying taxes if you are not reg'd to the state? im not from IL but in most states when you reg a business they require you to present your insurance

anj4ever6236
02-06-2010, 01:34 AM
I told the company that does my taxes I did some side jobs and they took them in. I'm thinking of taking some Unilock classes will that work?
Posted via Mobile Device

dirt&snow
02-06-2010, 01:38 AM
oh ic...

yeah unilock is good, the more certification the better, you can never stop learning. as for the fiancee thing, why have your soon to be wife doing hard work that you get real dirty usually doing? keep her looking good and work solo until you have enough accounts where you gotta hire help, that'll also save on workers comp insurance, not sure on IL's workers comp laws though, some states require every business to have it even if they are solo op's.

anj4ever6236
02-06-2010, 01:42 AM
lol she likes to come I tell her to stay but she likes to work just like her dad........well thanks for the help hopefully I can start everything of this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirt&snow
02-06-2010, 01:44 AM
lol, id never let my gf come work with me haha, wouldnt want a rock to fly up from a trimmer and hit her in the face. nor would i wanna put up with complaints once it starts to get hot out :laugh:

anj4ever6236
02-06-2010, 01:45 AM
go work? lol neither would I but o well.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirt&snow
02-06-2010, 01:47 AM
my computer's connection lagged, i clicked post by mistake and i had to go back and edit it, read the post now...

thanks to pandora radio lol, changing stations slows up my computer a bit when im trying to do a lot of stuff

anj4ever6236
02-06-2010, 01:51 AM
She is one tough chick :) Plus when it gets hot she will go to the truck or stay in there while I work. I gotta go to sleep lol she making me log off. haha.. any other help would be great guys.
Posted via Mobile Device