PDA

View Full Version : Inventive procedures!

robert payer
06-03-2002, 09:46 PM
What innovative procedure did you learn or think of this season which you are most proud of?

Stonehenge
06-04-2002, 12:33 AM
Well, it wasn't this year, and it isn't a matter of pride....

The innovation that has made the biggest difference in my business is the sharing of information here. I can't even count the number of changes I've made in either installations or administrative issues based on input here. And it's all made the biz bigger, stronger, faster and richer.

robert payer
06-04-2002, 08:37 PM
Stonehenge, Could not agree with you more. Just waiting on the richer part. Will continue plan and wait patiently.

KenH
06-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Its not my procedure, but it is the process of injecting trees. I took the certification class over the winter......Its a great money maker.

goodbeus
06-05-2002, 07:49 PM
injecting trees??? never heard of that, what exactly is that???

robert payer
06-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Why are more people not participating on this thread?

Some procedures to share at this time:

1) Carry metal file in truck to touch up lawn mower blades.
2) Keep 5 day weather report on Dash board from news paper or Net.
3) Put daily inspirational thought on dash.
4) Spray Mow-deck anti stick under mower deck on wet days.
5) Duct tape to on torn, damaged fertilizer bags.

Lets list some more!

neighborguy
06-11-2002, 10:57 AM
mine would have to be when building a patio, walkway, wall, etc. run some type of sleeving under it in thee base just in case you are able to add on a lighting plan later. So much easier.

T. Matthews
06-15-2002, 10:45 AM
Hi Everyone!!!

I made some changes to my bussiness. I do this as a part time job. I average 10 customers aseason with a lot of one time side jobs. Works out really well. Here is some thing I have done to help improve my image and my liabilty and safety. This year I wrote up employee expections what I expect from people whom work for me; Also I wrote up a mission statement. Which has something for me and my employyess to strive towards. I Also i have all ppe ie ear/eye and head protection for jobs first aid and fire ex. in the trucks and most important sun block. Also employees have a dress code for on the job makes us look all profressional. Because that is what we work towards.

T. Matthews