PDA

View Full Version : Sounds 2 good 2 be true????what u think??

chevyguy$$
02-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Im looking 4 36in 48in or 52in mower so im on craigslist i see this guy selling a john deere zero turn mower 52 in deck 900hr 23hp engine 3 0r 4 years old mower for $2500 best offer / and a bunton 48 in 4 or 5 years old 600 hr for $700 best offer he said not one thing wrong with them but needs a new blade 4 the john deere what do u guy THINK????????????

sehitchman
02-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Lots of great deals on CL lately. I think if you had the cash, you could make more buying equipment in the off season and selling it to all of the new start up's in the spring.
I saw an add for what looked like a great deal on a John Deere compact tractor last week. The picture made it look brand new and the price was a steel. I emailed and shortly got a reply. Wanted me to wire the money and they would ship it from some foreign country. The same or similar add is all over CL so be careful and put your hands on what ever you purchase and try it out first.

ProcsLC
02-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Rule of thumb... NEVER wire transfer money to anyone for anything. Period.

If you can go see the equipment, test drive it, and make sure it's running properly to the best of your knowledge... Then I would say that's not a bad deal. BUT, it really depends on how well the equipment has been cared for... Never take advice and trust someone when they tell you nothings wrong with it.... Remember, they are out to sell something and there's a sucker born every minute, so always check out everything to the best of your ability or bring someone educated in the industry (small engine mechanic) with you to go over anything, your the one who has to be happy with the purchase, not us... Best of luck to you.

chevyguy$$
02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
thats all true..thanks