PDA

View Full Version : Need help with day rate for skid steer service

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM
What do most charge per hour to operate there skid steer on site. The job is simply moving piles all day and thats it no construction just moving piles from one portion of the property to another these are large piles the customer asked for my day rate. I have a 1991 Thomas skid steer that is paid off so granted i dont have payments to make every month what does everyone factor into the cost. I was figuring 60-70 an hour putting my 8 hour day rate at $480 - $560 any help would be appreciated.

AWJ Services
02-07-2010, 05:07 PM
If you feel like that is enough money to make the profit you need from the work it sounds resonable to me.

curtisfarmer
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Someone once told me,"It's what is it worth to you, not what is it worth to others." Yoda like, but helps when trying to figure bids:)

Premier Landscaping
02-07-2010, 05:21 PM
As AWJ Services said if you think that is enough profit for you and your company than go for it. Everyone, company, and market is different. I personally never charge per hour other then for snow removal. I hate the per hour thing cause how can the average customer compare say a 232B at $60 dollars an hour for snow with a standard 72in. bucket to my price of $80 an hour with a 96in. snow bucket and two speed machine? Most of them dont realize I will get close to twice as much per hour done for only $20 an hour more. That is why I try to never bid a job by the hour other then snow I have not figured out a way to get around it for snow for the most part, other then a few monthly contracts.

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
so do you think that i'm in the ball park, i mean what are some of you guys charging per day or per hour

queen of spades
02-07-2010, 07:29 PM
$75/hr here but I prefer charging by the job.

RockSet N' Grade
02-07-2010, 07:55 PM
You are in the ball park.....

AWJ Services
02-07-2010, 11:42 PM
I always encourage buisness owners to never undersell there services.
That is in the ballpark but one question I have is what happens if you finish before the day is over?

ShawnH
02-08-2010, 09:58 AM
This is different than moving snow but I have had a few jobs for $800 to $900 a day loading dumpsters with the grapple bucket or moving downed trees in a pasture using just me the old trusty Stihl chain saw and a grapple bucket on the CAT.

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-08-2010, 01:47 PM
loading dumpsters with brush is exactly what i am doing everything is already cut, i pretty much never have to get out of the seat its all machine work now