PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Dog Pics

YellowDogSVC
02-08-2010, 08:44 PM
The power company is upgrading poles through part of our little ranch. I thought this drill looked cool. It's drilling 15' to set a 120', 19k lb. concrete power pole.
Notice the little deere 322? I was jealous with it's traction. It's muddy as hell here!

this looks like it's made from a pc 200?
drill shaking off dirt
a deere john on my property?
Yellow Dog mulching at Home

Junior M
02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
holy crap, yellow posting pics! :dizzy:

Ron will buy a Bobcat next!

stuvecorp
02-08-2010, 08:51 PM
That is a mean auger.

Ozz
02-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Gotta be heavier than a 200... I'm guessing custom house with at least 300 carraige.

Gravel Rat
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I would say that has a 30 ton excavator undercarriage. Wish power pole holes were that easy around here. B.C. Hydro has to use dynamite to dig pole holes :laugh: takes a long time

Those concrete poles are very $$$$$ expensive a 120 footer has to be a easy 30 grand the wood poles that length are 10-15 grand.

YellowDogSVC
02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
i'm going to try and get more pics but when I get home it's getting dark and it takes a while to get down back with the wet ground.

I have no idea what make that drill is but I saw the number 200 on the side just like it is lettered on a pc200 but who knows. it's a tall rig.

I think the auger is 6' -7' diameter...might be a little bigger. They had another drill head sitting on a flatbed truck and it was almost as wide as the flatbed.

DirtMerchant
02-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Not a Komatsu at all. It's actually powered by a cummins. SoilMEC builds their own equipment.

SoilMec has a website....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mEYwGcvJUk

YellowDogSVC
02-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Not a Komatsu at all. It's actually powered by a cummins. SoilMEC builds their own equipment.

SoilMec has a website....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mEYwGcvJUk

interesting. I'll get some more pics if I can catch them before they go to the next property. We are in the middle and they have to use our place as a staging area...Hopefully we can get some other pics.

93turbo
02-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Gets some pics of the mud cause thats the driest looking wet ground I have ever seen

KrayzKajun
02-09-2010, 05:17 AM
Gets some pics of the mud cause thats the driest looking wet ground I have ever seen

LOL! i was waiting for tht

bobcatexc
02-09-2010, 10:21 AM

I agree I would love to have that kind of mud around here!

YellowDogSVC
02-09-2010, 08:48 PM

that's a pad they built up to get off the mud. They brought in track mats to cross some areas.

93turbo
02-10-2010, 02:43 PM
that's a pad they built up to get off the mud. They brought in track mats to cross some areas.

Copy those mats are handy I had to use a couple to dig the other day just kept sliding all over the place otherwise. Even the ground where your mulching looks dry or was that an older pic?

YellowDogSVC
02-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Copy those mats are handy I had to use a couple to dig the other day just kept sliding all over the place otherwise. Even the ground where your mulching looks dry or was that an older pic?

the mulching pic is high grand so to speak. It was post-rain by a few days but my tires got full of mud and I tracked up my own property. Part of the advantage of mulching, though, is after a few passes, you are up and off the mud until you have to move to another location.

YellowDogSVC
02-11-2010, 07:00 PM
I agree I would love to have that kind of mud around here!

just started raining light last night. This is what I've dealt with since september. This is my property. The electric company is making a wholly mess upgrading the poles. The company that did the pads and widened our easement didn't know what they were doing from the looks of the roads. Areas that should have had oversized rock instead had caliche. The ruts were 2' deep in some places and filled with water that wouldn't drain. Other areas that should have had gravel instead had dirt compacted. I knew it was going to be a mess but we have it in writing that they will remediate. I wouldn't let anyone touch the trees but the idiots still managed to back into some of the trees. As a side note, it amazes me how much trash these guys "lose" from their trucks and personal vehicles. Soda cans, bottles, water bottles, cigarettes, cigarette packs, boxes, staples, wire, plastic, you name it. P_I_G_S.. I would fire a helper in a heartbeat if he treated my customers like these yahoos are treating my property but that's a whole other thread I am going to do so you guys can see what ticks landowners off enough to sue.

Anyway, you asked where the mud was..

The goat pic is in front of my shop. Notice there are few ruts.. even with my trucks, trailers, and skid steer. The electric contractors must not know about rock and road base.:dizzy::hammerhead:

bobcat_ron
02-11-2010, 08:31 PM
If they leave that much trash behind, they should put that big fancy auger to use and dig a hole for all of it.

YellowDogSVC
02-11-2010, 10:07 PM
If they leave that much trash behind, they should put that big fancy auger to use and dig a hole for all of it.

they ain't leaving crap on my place! I worked too hard for too long to clean this ranch up. It was a hunting ranch before I bought it so you can imagine how much crap was here. These guys will get sued if they don't start the remediation process soon.

YellowDogSVC
02-22-2010, 08:11 PM
From some stump removal work today. We planted a tree in the hole when we were done. Been planting a lot of trees the last two weeks.

stuvecorp
02-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Looks good. How old is the house?

AEL
02-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Sharp looking 335, how many hours have you got on it now, and how has it treated you?

YellowDogSVC
02-22-2010, 09:04 PM
The house is only a few years old. Sits right on top of a 5-7 AC 50' deep spring fed lake. gorgeous..

335 has about 60 hrs on it. Love it so far. Much, much stronger than I thought it would be. I'll have to get some pics of the boulders I've been digging out.

YellowDogSVC
03-06-2010, 11:22 PM
I was using the 335 (practicing) uprooting some cedar trees. I generally don't uproot but we are putting in some more roads and thought I'd get the stumps out before grading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9Xla64F-s

bobcat_ron
03-06-2010, 11:52 PM
I subscribed, BTW.

It looks like an R/C unit wit the cab blacked over.

Tigerotor77W
03-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Did you tint the windows or do they come that dark?

YellowDogSVC
03-07-2010, 12:23 AM
I subscribed, BTW.

It looks like an R/C unit wit the cab blacked over.

When I was watching the video, I thought it looked a little dinky. For now, that's all I can afford or want to haul but it does move the trees and dirt out of the way. With the s330, my attachments, and the chipper, I can do a heck of a lot when I incorporate a mini-ex and it's fun to operate. Too bad there isn't an RC for it like on the joystick machines. That would be fun.. In fact, I could set up a picnic table, umbrella, and the RC controls and have fun in the sand box. :laugh: Oh, and thanks for the subscription. It's a work in progress but we have a couple of cameras now and plan on making some vids of mulching, excavating, getting out of the mud with a winch, and chipping some big trees.

YellowDogSVC
03-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Did you tint the windows or do they come that dark?

the sides are nearly limo dark and the front is quite a bit lighter so I can see. I tried it for a week in s. texas summer heat with all that glass. Felt like I was in solarium. :nono:

Gravel Rat
03-07-2010, 04:55 AM
The machine has gansta windows :laugh:

Not something we see out here a excavator with tinted windows :dizzy:

ioilyouin
03-07-2010, 11:12 AM
The video definitely has an RC feel to it.

YellowDogSVC
03-07-2010, 01:15 PM
The machine has gansta windows :laugh:

Not something we see out here a excavator with tinted windows :dizzy:

I'm about a million miles closer to the sun! :weightlifter::drinkup:

The video definitely has an RC feel to it.

After watching the video again I can see it. I should have said it was an RC ex and then taken orders on my website!

stuvecorp
03-07-2010, 01:19 PM
It did look like a miniature or like someones very elaborate model railroad in action.:) The tinted windows are mean looking.

Scag48
03-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Love the tint, I think tinted glass on iron looks real sharp.

YellowDogSVC
03-07-2010, 03:11 PM
It did look like a miniature or like someones very elaborate model railroad in action.:) The tinted windows are mean looking.

wait 'till you see the spinners and 20's on the s330. :laugh:

stuvecorp
03-07-2010, 03:44 PM
wait 'till you see the spinners and 20's on the s330. :laugh:

I got no hate for that, playa.:laugh:

YellowDogSVC
03-07-2010, 06:31 PM
I got no hate for that, playa.:laugh:

and don't forget the fuzzy dice. I miss the 70's.:dizzy:

AEL
03-07-2010, 07:27 PM
and don't forget the fuzzy dice. I miss the 70's.:dizzy:

I sport a rick james bobble head in mine...

YellowDogSVC
03-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I sport a rick james bobble head in mine...

I want bobble head Ron for my dash.Thumbs :p

Gravel Rat
03-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm about a million miles closer to the sun! :weightlifter::drinkup:

After watching the video again I can see it. I should have said it was an RC ex and then taken orders on my website!

The heat you have to deal with would make a guys like Ron and I looking for shade.

YellowDogSVC
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
The heat you have to deal with would make a guys like Ron and I looking for shade.

i'll send you a sombrero!

Gravel Rat
03-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Once the temperature reaches 20 celcius 68 degrees Farenheit I'am looking for shade once your in the 25 celcius 77 degrees that is too hot it has peaked around here at 30 celcius 86 degrees that is crippling heat you can't work in the sh*t.

ProTouch Groundscapes
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
thats why i like ohio, we get plenty of snow in the winter and we also get 90+ degree temps in the summer! if it was 75* all the time that would be awesome!

i remember working on a larger versalok wall while listening to the radio and the weatherman was saying that it had been the hottest week in cleveland in the last 20yrs haha.

bobcat_ron
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
I've alread painted my Takeuchi cab white and I am now looking for a Volvo style pull down sun shade for the rear window, my Doctor told me to avoid the summer sun at all costs now since going on a new medication.

YellowDogSVC
03-08-2010, 04:47 PM
thats why i like ohio, we get plenty of snow in the winter and we also get 90+ degree temps in the summer! if it was 75* all the time that would be awesome!

i remember working on a larger versalok wall while listening to the radio and the weatherman was saying that it had been the hottest week in cleveland in the last 20yrs haha.

we had 59 days off 100+ and the 60th was 99 last summer! No rain either. We were parched.

YellowDogSVC
03-08-2010, 04:48 PM
I've alread painted my Takeuchi cab white and I am now looking for a Volvo style pull down sun shade for the rear window, my Doctor told me to avoid the summer sun at all costs now since going on a new medication.

do you wear long sleeves and a hat? I always wear a hat to keep the sun off my face. I'm 40 now and don't have or want many wrinkles.

bobcat_ron
03-08-2010, 04:59 PM
do you wear long sleeves and a hat? I always wear a hat to keep the sun off my face. I'm 40 now and don't have or want many wrinkles.

I have hairy arms and palms, that provides lots of shade for my arms, and I also wear a hat that bears my pride to a certain Japanese machine.

mrsops
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
we had 59 days off 100+ and the 60th was 99 last summer! No rain either. We were parched.

59 days with that type of heat and no rain!! God bless you man i hate the hot weather. Last summer we only had about 12 days that went over 90.

YellowDogSVC
03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
I have hairy arms and palms, that provides lots of shade for my arms, and I also wear a hat that bears my pride to a certain Japanese machine.

That must be a real nice Komatsu hat! :laugh:

Junior M
03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Once the temperature reaches 20 celcius 68 degrees Farenheit I'am looking for shade once your in the 25 celcius 77 degrees that is too hot it has peaked around here at 30 celcius 86 degrees that is crippling heat you can't work in the sh*t.
86?! Seriously? It takes like 110+ heat index to slow us down!

YellowDogSVC
03-09-2010, 01:01 AM
We've been working on crossing this arroyo for some time. I was able to cross it over Christmas and now we are doing the clean-up as I have time. Lots of trees to move, rocks to stack, and clay to line the small ponds. Work never ends on the weekends.

These are cell phone pictures at dusk so the quality sucks.

RockSet N' Grade
03-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Looks like Darth Vader at work.......

YellowDogSVC
03-09-2010, 01:21 AM
A few more from the trail project. This is all on my own property. I can only work on it when I have time. Unfortunately, I have had a lot of time but it's been so muddy that I don't want to work. It was fairly dry on Saturday but rained again sunday and monday..i was off but didn't want to do anything.
the pictures are fairly redundant. I'm working on getting my wife to take more variety pics. :hammerhead::laugh::drinkup:

Gravel Rat
03-09-2010, 04:06 AM
It is really odd seeing a blacked out excavator cab.

Ground Effects NH
03-09-2010, 06:31 AM
It is really odd seeing a blacked out excavator cab.

But, It looks soooooo bad azz

Junior M
03-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Thats the kinda of thing I'd love to be able to do, work on my own property on my own time, working at my own pace, doing stuff the right way, you know? Its kinda what I been doing for my old boss on his farm, I started digging out his pond last sunday after fertilizing a property and then fertilizing most of the pasture.

curtisfarmer
03-09-2010, 10:48 AM
My only concern is visual communication to ground crew while working. Looks great, and with that heat down there, I bet you need the shade.

YellowDogSVC
03-09-2010, 12:10 PM
My only concern is visual communication to ground crew while working. Looks great, and with that heat down there, I bet you need the shade.

I'm usually working alone and not doing utilities. If I'm working with someone, they are in another machine or cutting trees. I have a horn and open the window. With the cab cooler, I don't have to run the AC as much so I can leave windows open. The front isn't as dark as it looks and you can see into the cab. The sides are probably too dark. When the tint guy showed me the tint, it didn't look as dark as it is on the cab. i may have to lighten it if I get into a situation where i have a lot of ground workers but so far, it seems to work. I can see out real good.

jimmyjack
03-09-2010, 02:51 PM
it looks darker then it is cause your looking through the cab though both pieces of tinted glass......there was a guy who had his cat backhoe tinted , all the glass , it looked really dark if u drove by looking at it, but if u sat in it it wasnt bad at all, he even cleared snow in the winter with it , even at night