PDA

View Full Version : '05 Case 450ct electrical problem

combine76
02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
My 450ct has been an awesome machine so far, however we've been having a booger of a problem with it here lately. After starting the machine and dropping the lap bar, I hit the ebrake button and would normally take right off when functioning properly. Sporadically after pushing the ebrake button, the ebrake light and seatbelt light will simutaneously begin flashing and not allow you to drive forward or backward or operate the bucket. My dealer replaced the console, that seemed to help for a day or so. After the problem developed again they found a faulty 'cab down' sensor. Again the machine seemed ok for maybe a day then developed again. They now think maybe it is the lap bar switch, if not possibly a faulty console that was installed. As with most electrical problems this thing has been very sporadic. Can anyone offer me any insight?
Please don't refer me to Takeuchi! ha, ha........

ioilyouin
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
SNAFU

continue to give the dealership $$$ while they take shots in the dark. I HATE chasing ghosts.

ksss
02-09-2010, 11:21 PM
My suggestion is a faulty new console. My 465 did the same thing. They replaced it twice.

combine76
02-10-2010, 08:32 PM
A tech is coming out tommorow to troubleshoot and hopefully get my machine repaired and going again. As soon as all the snow disappears there will be work to do....

combine76
02-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Problem resolved....turned out to be the lap bar switch.

SellingIron
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
You could have done what Briggs did with all there new equipment, Just take it to yoder & Frey....The Auction is bring good numbers these days...

GMC Driver
10-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I just ran into a new problem today - one of the Saturday kids was washing the machine out, and went to move it when he was done. Made it about 30 feet and "it died".

Thinking it was a water issue, I've dried out all the safety connections, fuse box, relays, etc. Display lights up when you sit on the seat as always, but turn the key to engage the starter, and nothing happens. It reads "ACC" on the display, as if the key were turned back to the ACC position. Pulled the ignition out - it all checks out fine. The starter relay does click when the key is turned - but can't get it to fire up. Not sure where to go with this one - I hate chasing electrical issues....