PDA

View Full Version : Help need some info on mower choices? Thanks

letzgoblues
02-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I am having trouble deciding what to do. I am starting my business in a residential area and will be mowing allot of fenced lawns. I have looked at the quick 32 or a 36 toro. I have $10,000 and will be buying an enclosed trailer, trimmer, blower. and mowers. Should I buy a 32 and finance a 48 or 52? Should I just buy a 36 and use it for everything and maybe later buy a larger mower. There is a toro dealer close by. I would appreciate any info Thanks

KC lawn guy
02-09-2010, 11:52 PM
I run a 36 wright stander but they make a 32, they are shorter than a walk behind so they take up less space in the trailer. I also have a 52 stander and the two I think is a good combo, atleast you see alot around here. there fast and easy to run. alot of people think that standing on a mower is dumb but if you get in trouble you can just step off and i know they sell them in louie im just right down I70 from ya. if you have any more questions let me know ill be happy to help

mike174
02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
1st - measure you're fence openings.

You're mower choice should be based on you're property size & fence openings. In NJ, our fence openings are wide for newer fences. I see a lot of companies running Wright 36" & 52" combo's around here. I use a 48" but have been considering adding a 36" for some smaller properties. Again, choice will be based on your properties. I have a friend in northwest NJ that mows 2 - 5 acre properties w/ no fences all day....he would never buy a 36" and a 48" is a trim mower for him.

letzgoblues
02-10-2010, 07:53 AM
I run a 36 wright stander but they make a 32, they are shorter than a walk behind so they take up less space in the trailer. I also have a 52 stander and the two I think is a good combo, atleast you see alot around here. there fast and easy to run. alot of people think that standing on a mower is dumb but if you get in trouble you can just step off and i know they sell them in louie im just right down I70 from ya. if you have any more questions let me know ill be happy to help

Thanks, I think your correct about the standing mower. Have you had alot of trouble with fenced properties and fitting a 36?

letzgoblues
02-10-2010, 07:58 AM
1st - measure you're fence openings.

You're mower choice should be based on you're property size & fence openings. In NJ, our fence openings are wide for newer fences. I see a lot of companies running Wright 36" & 52" combo's around here. I use a 48" but have been considering adding a 36" for some smaller properties. Again, choice will be based on your properties. I have a friend in northwest NJ that mows 2 - 5 acre properties w/ no fences all day....he would never buy a 36" and a 48" is a trim mower for him.

Thanks for the info Mike. I will be working with lots of fenced properties and will need to get in and out easy to save time. I am leaning toward a 32 and 52. Can anyone suggest a reliable brand 32?

KC lawn guy
02-10-2010, 10:18 AM
No i havent had a problem. you can find them used on craigs list for pretty reasonalble right now but like mike said it all depends on gate size. and i only have a few with gates that i need the 36 for, some of them i can fit the 52 through