PDA

View Full Version : Question for Bobcat Guys

Bleed Green
02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I have always wondered what the tag on some of the older Bobcat skid steers and CTL's meant when it had the model number and then "advantage series". For example 864 "advantage series". What did the "advantage series" mean or stand for? How did those differ from the regular bobcats?

Scag48
02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Nothing different about the machines themselves. I can't tell you exactly when it started appearing on the machines, didn't pay that much attention. I'm pretty sure the "Advantage Series" term was something that BC drummed up to push the versatility of having both a skid steer and mini ex instead of a TLB. The Bobcat "Advantage" was marketed as being able to do more with a skid and mini paired up on a single job. BC decided to take the marketing further and put the logo on the machines themselves along with their other marketing publications. I'm pretty sure that's the deal, somone correct me if I'm wrong but if my memory serves me correct I remember reading all about that marketing phrase in a Worksaver back in the day.

raschmid07
02-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I remember them building up the idea of the "Bobcat Advantage" with use a mini and Bobcat rather than TLB, I'm not sure if they called it a series or not. Sounds like Scag is on the right track though.

YellowDogSVC
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
bobcat called the skidsteer and mini combo the "bobcat system". I think.

Bleed Green
02-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I just remember seeing that phrase "advantage series" on the side of some of the skids and ctls back when the 864 CTL was out. I always just wondered what they meant by it. You guys are prolly right.

Bleed Green
02-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Here is a little pic I found to show you what I am talking about. It is below the model number on the machine. I would say you guys are right though it has something to do with the Bobcat.mini ex system. I just thought there was something special with the machines that that tag was on since it was not on every machine that Bobcat made as far as I know.

curtisfarmer
02-10-2010, 10:26 PM
They had to do soemthing "creative" since their TLBs suck. Low cost labels are cheaper than building a good machine. Not bashing BC, just their TLBs.:waving:

RentalGuy
02-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Advantage Series was primarily a marketing tag that appeared shortly after the new 753, 763, etc. was rolled out to replace the old 40 series machines. Those new models had various improvements over the old ones and the competition at that time which was deemed the bobcat advantage. The label stuck for quite some time and was finally retired. So, it was nothing more than a marketing promotion. The ssl mx promotion is and was always referred to as the bobcat system as an effort to undercut tlb purchases.
Posted via Mobile Device

Scag48
02-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the correction. I just can't remember that Bobcat stuff, not my style. haha.

SellingIron
02-11-2010, 04:18 PM
They had to do soemthing "creative" since their TLBs suck. Low cost labels are cheaper than building a good machine. Not bashing BC, just their TLBs.:waving:

The TLB's were not out when they had the advantage series.. The TLB's were Earthforce junk from the Czech Republic..

If you owned a bobcat, you have an advantage over your competition..

ksss
02-11-2010, 11:25 PM
So, it was nothing more than a marketing promotion.
Posted via Mobile Device

Typical BC. All hat, and no cattle.

Tigerotor77W
02-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Advantage Series was primarily a marketing tag that appeared shortly after the new 753, 763, etc. was rolled out to replace the old 40 series machines. Those new models had various improvements over the old ones and the competition at that time which was deemed the bobcat advantage. The label stuck for quite some time and was finally retired. So, it was nothing more than a marketing promotion.

I thought I had posted a reply, but apparently not -- this is what I was going to say. I think the Advantage series came out with the F-series loaders (i.e. when the 963 was launched in 1997); Bobcat didn't start putting the decal on loaders when the 753 (or 763, for that matter) *just* came out. It took them a few years.

The name stuck around until well into G-series production... 2001 or 2001, I want to say? Just about the time the 963 went out of production.