PDA

View Full Version : *****attachment question******

toomuchtime
02-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Quick question for the skidsteer pros. I found a real good deal on a 6 way dozer attachment by bobcat. Will this attachment hook up to my Caterpillar 287B with out and modifications?
Thanks guys

AEL
02-10-2010, 11:45 PM
I believe it should hook up no problems.

RentalGuy
02-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

RentalGuy
02-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Do you have electrical hook-up? You will need it. Otherwise, you are good to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

toomuchtime
02-10-2010, 11:58 PM
I have all the plugs on my machine just not sure if they are the same plugs on the attachment

RentalGuy
02-11-2010, 12:01 AM
I have all the plugs on my machine just not sure if they are the same plugs on the attachment

Your aux couplers will plug in just fine. I have rented to cat owners a a lot. However, I am not sure if the 7 pin plug in is the same as bobcat.
Posted via Mobile Device

toomuchtime
02-11-2010, 01:05 AM
anyone want to chime in on the 7way?

Premier Landscaping
02-11-2010, 09:21 AM
The seven pin will not work, cat has an 8 pin plug. You can get it to work with some wiring. I don't know how the 6 way works not sure how new it is, if its older you can get it to work by just hardwiring it into a new plug from Cat to the correct pins and you will be fine might need to add some relays depending on the wiring on the bobcat dozer blade. I wired a bobcat sweeper to a cat plug once and the motor it had only had two wires that were both ground and switched to power when powered, so I needed some relays to get that working properly. I have a 07' bobcat soil conditioner and that actually has some kind of controller so I needed the bobcat toggle switch setup, but I didn't use the toggle switch I cut it off and pin'd it into a cat 8 pin connecter to so it looks factory.

twward
02-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Bobcat has come out with a 7 & 14 pin wiring harness that allows them to hook Bobcat branded attachments to competitive machines. They created this "T-harness" in order to allow them to sell attachments to every body, not just bobcat customers.

Stop by your local Bobcat dealership and ask them to help you. They should know what to do.

ccstrebe
02-11-2010, 10:23 PM
If you want to do finish work with that blade dont waste your time or money. If you just want to do rough pushing then it should work alright but a bucket can do the same thing.

toomuchtime
02-12-2010, 01:19 AM
thanks guys i will drop by there tomorrow.ccs its a 6 way with a 96" blade. Thats what I wanted it for finish grading. You thinks its a waste?

ccstrebe
02-12-2010, 10:18 AM
thanks guys i will drop by there tomorrow.ccs its a 6 way with a 96" blade. Thats what I wanted it for finish grading. You thinks its a waste?

I bought a brand new one because I thought it would be just what I needed for filling in the ruts and refacing the face of the jumps at my motocross track.

Boy was I disappointed. If you are trying take out the ripples and high spots and fill in the low spots on a hard surface like a hard packed road or something like that it should work alright. But if you are trying to do finish work in soft material many issues crop up.

First and formost, You don't really have much control of the cutting in soft material. The blade is about three feet out from the tilt plate. A small movement at the tilt plate (say 1/4") equals and inch (more or less) at the blade. For finish work cutting an inch of material can be alot and it's not like a bucket where you have the bottom of the bucket to support the cutting edge and keep control of the cutting edge.

Second, when the skid dips down in a hole or a low spot the cutting edge dips down at that 4 to 1 ratio again and as you raise the cutting edge to compensate then you are out of the dip and you are back to lowering the cutting edge. What a mess.

Third, say you are doing a nice 1/2" cut in some firm material and you are going along just fine then you hit a soft spot.....bam, the blade starts pulling down and in a thre or four feet you have gone from a 1/2" cut to a 3" cut. What a mess.

So what did I do, like a dummy I thought I just needed more support for the blade so I ordered the front wheel attachment to make it more like a grader. What a mistake. It helped a little but I still couldn't do what I wanted.

I think I had $7,500.00 in that set-up and sold it for a loss of $2,500.00 with about and hour's worth of time on it. A hard lesson learned.