PDA

View Full Version : Finally ordered my New Enclosed Trailer!

KrayzKajun
02-11-2010, 11:38 PM
well decided to spend the money and have my trailer built how i wanted it.

8.5' x 18' with 2' V-nose
5200lb axles wit brakes,
dual roof vents, 3/4 plywood 24" around inside, side vents to clear out fumes while driving.
dual interior light with switches near side door and rear ramp door, stablizer jacks in rear,

ordered it in charcoal gray to match the secondary color on my F250.

it should be ready in about 2weeks. gunna oder all new racks for the inside. cant wait it to be delivered and have a really cool design for the graphics!

total came to $5800 with TTL

Kickin Your Grass
02-12-2010, 12:23 AM
What kind of racks are you ordering?

ElephantNest
02-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Nice! Where are you ordering from? NTS in Pearl River?

xclusive
02-12-2010, 01:24 AM
I just purchased a few green touch racks from amazon the other day cause they were the cheapest I found. I had to order the xtreme 103 rack instead of the xtreme 104 because I could not find anyone with the xtreme 104.

Jason Rose
02-12-2010, 02:12 AM
WHat brand of trailer? I'd LOVE to have one... in a 20'. But I also want a passenger side ramp door, and drivers side walk-in door. (because of where I park it at home the drivers side front is really the only access I'd have inside unless I move it every time to get into it). The price you paid isn't to bad. Better than I think mine would cost... I'm guessing around $7K.

Don't forget the PICS when you get it!

Oh, and if you want racks, the Xtreme racks are awesome! They come with all the stuff needed to mount them in an enclosed, and you really can't find them any cheaper anywhere online than just buying them directly from Green Touch. Trust me, I spent a long time trying to save even $10 on my rack and couldn't. (the prices elsewhere may be less but the shipping will get ya.)

albhb3
02-12-2010, 04:02 AM
I know where you could of got a 24ft w/V for 6200 New

djagusch
02-12-2010, 11:25 AM

Where? Or pm me. I'm looking for one this spring maybe sooner.

KrayzKajun
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
im sure i could have found tons of trailers somewhere else cheaper! BUT!!
no warranty no dealer service!

my dealer bends over backwards for me, thts why i continue to do business with them!
plus i try to keep givin my money to local companies here!

DoetschOutdoor
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM
You guys down south are lucky when it comes to trailers. Looked at a new 18' yesterday, no v nose, bare bones trailer that had been sitting....asking $6299 and they dont come down. Rediculous. We made a short road trip outta getting my last enclosed down south and will be doing so again. Looks like you are doing well Krazy!

mowerbrad
02-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I'll probably be needing a new trailer here soon, wish I was willing to have one custom built.

That trailer should be really nice, I want to see pictures when you get it!!!!

KrayzKajun
02-12-2010, 10:33 PM

i bet it has 3500lb axles !!

KrayzKajun
02-13-2010, 07:29 AM
for those who asked the trailer is made by Diamond Cargo Trailer!

i cant wait for it to be delivered in two weeks!!

pitrack
02-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Conrats man! I will be buying an enclosed this spring and like you, I can't wait to get my logo all plastered on the side!

South Florida Lawns
02-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Nice how tall is the interior height? I wish mine was 7 1/2 high. I'm always bashing my head esp. on the stander.

Did you go with a 16" wheel?

P.Services
02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Better call and tell them to add the rear roller wheels!!!!! I wouldn't buy a enclosed with out them. Your rear jacks will help some but not enough. Seriously get them, they are around 150 extra and you will be sooo glad you did.
Posted via Mobile Device

MikeKle
02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
I am also looking to buy a 18ft enclosed this season, but I am dreading having to learn to use my mirrors to back up, I cannot do it, I have to physically turn around and look thru my rear window to steer my 16ft open trailer now, everytime I try to use my mirrors, I cant steer it? But I guess I will learn, when I first started pulling a trailer, I had trouble backing an open trailer, now I can parallel park it if needed.

My GF said I better get an enclosed that has room for a small bed and living quarters in case we get in a bad fight!!! Ive seen some that have small fridges and tvs, and even bathrooms!

South Florida Lawns
02-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I am also looking to buy a 18ft enclosed this season, but I am dreading having to learn to use my mirrors to back up, I cannot do it, I have to physically turn around and look thru my rear window to steer my 16ft open trailer now, everytime I try to use my mirrors, I cant steer it? But I guess I will learn, when I first started pulling a trailer, I had trouble backing an open trailer, now I can parallel park it if needed.

My GF said I better get an enclosed that has room for a small bed and living quarters in case we get in a bad fight!!! Ive seen some that have small fridges and tvs, and even bathrooms!

ya you can get all that sh*t but for lawn care thats overkill

KrayzKajun
02-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Better call and tell them to add the rear roller wheels!!!!! I wouldn't buy a enclosed with out them. Your rear jacks will help some but not enough. Seriously get them, they are around 150 extra and you will be sooo glad you did.
Posted via Mobile Device

i did get the rear roller wheels and i got the bigger 16" wheels!

B Stove
02-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey guys what is the benefit of getting a v nose over the reg? Im also in the market for a new enclosed

KrayzKajun
02-13-2010, 05:28 PM
ok here the list of some stuff i added!
Med Charcoal Grey(matches the secondary color on my truck)
8.5'x18' + 2' V-nose
5200lb axles w/ brakes
16" crossmembers
two roof vents, side vents for fume ventilation
16" wheels with bigger tires.
led light package, dual interior lights(for access from side door and ramp door)
3/4" plywood 24" up inside of trailer
rear bogey wheels, and rear stabilizer jacks.

im so ready to get this ths thng rigged up

pitrack
02-13-2010, 06:21 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

What are rear roller wheels?

KrayzKajun
02-13-2010, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=pitrack;3415515]What are rear roller wheels?[/

on the rear corners, incase u hit a dip the back of the trailer doesnt hit the ground, the bogey wheels make it roll, kinda like anti scalping wheels on a ztr deck

GravelyGuy
02-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Where can you find these?

P.Services
02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
any trailer manufacturer will have them.

gravely guy, your in Indiana!!! you guys have tons and tons of manufacturers in that state. i think the majority of the trailers in Michigan are made in Indiana. Call Forest river trailers, thats who made mine. they just get welded on the rear frame rails. You need to hurry up and get them on the back of that 24' footer!

GravelyGuy
02-13-2010, 07:30 PM
I know, look at the left corner. You say they cost about $150 + weld time?

I was going to just have a welding shop put a skid plate across the back for me before spring. That would probably cost about $100 to have done.

P.Services
02-13-2010, 07:33 PM
nice trailer!!!!!! rivet less walls like mine! yeah just get the rollers they are cheap and i bet if you take them the manufacture they will weld them on there.

i have pictures of the back of my trailer with the rollers on this site somewhere, alot of people asked to see them.

get them soon, you will be sick to your stomach when you drag a$$ out of a parking lot and tear that trim all off.

P.Services
02-13-2010, 07:35 PM
check out the pictures if you want to see them,

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=208964

JABBERS
02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't care for the v nose, its harder to back up. I have a crew cab with a 8 ft bed, I need all the help I can get.

GravelyGuy
02-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the pics. My only concern with those is they stick down far enough that I'm going to have trouble backing into my driveway. They will always drag and may damage the concrete over time.

Did you get those at the Indy or Terra Haute location?

P.Services
02-13-2010, 07:41 PM
im not sure, it was just over the state line so what ever one is closer to michigan.

KrayzKajun
02-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't care for the v nose, its harder to back up. I have a crew cab with a 8 ft bed, I need all the help I can get.

just practice !!!!!!:hammerhead::hammerhead:

pitrack
02-13-2010, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=pitrack;3415515]What are rear roller wheels?[/

on the rear corners, incase u hit a dip the back of the trailer doesnt hit the ground, the bogey wheels make it roll, kinda like anti scalping wheels on a ztr deck

Ah I got it, never thought about that.

JABBERS
02-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm great at backing up I can back up a 7 x 14 trailer at 20 mph down my dead end road. I have a 2000 f350 with leaf springs on the front and the crew cab with the 8 ft bed. I have to back up sometimes w/o a trailer on a cul-de-sac. These never trucks have coil springs which have a much better turning radius.

Jason Rose
02-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Real towing mirrors are really nice when it comes to pulling a 8 to 8.5 foot enclosed trailer, camper, whatever. If you dont have the wide towing mirrors you are going to have a rough time backing up... Otherwise, backing up by cranking your head around and looking out the rear window?: come on... That's not the way to do things. Learn to back up with your mirrors, period.

Yes I know the OP isn't the one with the backing up problem...

P.Services
02-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah you have to have extendible mirrors with the convex part also. Then its cake.
Posted via Mobile Device

grasshopperslawn
02-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Nice! Where are you ordering from? NTS in Pearl River?

NTS is too high

KrayzKajun
02-14-2010, 12:40 AM
NTS is too high

YOU GOT THT RIGHT!!

ordered it from Trailer Kings in Westwego

ygim
02-14-2010, 09:44 PM
keep us posted on your progress. good luck with it. Picking mine up this week

KrayzKajun
02-14-2010, 09:45 PM
keep us posted on your progress. good luck with it. Picking mine up this week

i wanted to congrat u! wht racks are goin with on the inside?

ygim
02-14-2010, 09:47 PM
im not sure yet trying to figure that out. i was looking at the xtreme possibly.

P.Services
02-15-2010, 01:59 AM
i spent a grander on my racks and let me tell you....... they dont get used much. The whippers are coming back after the mowers are loaded and no one wants to hump the back of a hot ztr just to hang a trimmer up to drive two blocks. they get tossed in the truck. At the end of the day they only get hung up if i beotch and complain. I thought about mounting the blower racks on the sides of the truck because i will stop the effeing truck in the middle of the road to stand a blower up if it falls over,

KrayzKajun
02-15-2010, 02:05 AM
i spent a grander on my racks and let me tell you....... they dont get used much. The whippers are coming back after the mowers are loaded and no one wants to hump the back of a hot ztr just to hang a trimmer up to drive two blocks. they get tossed in the truck. At the end of the day they only get hung up if i beotch and complain. I thought about mounting the blower racks on the sides of the truck because i will stop the effeing truck in the middle of the road to stand a blower up if it falls over,

:hammerhead::hammerhead:

P.Services
02-15-2010, 02:21 AM
:hammerhead::hammerhead:

i use to like you

KrayzKajun
02-15-2010, 10:40 PM
i use to like you

very funny!!

its like time is goin by so slow, waiting for the trailer to come in!

TXNSLighting
02-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Cant wait to see it! I remember when i ordered mine and it took forever for it to get in!! But well worth the wait! Mine took 11 days, so it wasnt to bad.

TXNSLighting
02-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Wow, you sound just like me. I cant stand seeing a blower on its side, or trimmers not being in racks! good fun. I have the racks for a reason, use them!!

P.Services
02-15-2010, 11:53 PM
are you going to coat or paint the floor? i would highly recommend that.

KrayzKajun
02-16-2010, 07:54 PM
floor and 2' up the side walls are getting Gator Lined(kinda like linex, but local company) and gunna thompson water seal the rest of the walls

South Florida Lawns
02-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Picasso mount them sons a bi*ches to the out side of the enclosed, problem solved.

I'm thinking about adding a set to the outside of mine for ease of access.

KrayzKajun
02-19-2010, 01:33 AM
its killin me waiting for it to come in!!!

xclusive
02-19-2010, 02:21 AM
its killin me waiting for it to come in!!!

Yea i here ya on that!! I was waiting for mine to come in and when it finally did I was happy it was not built to the specs I had ordered so I canceled the deal and went and got another one that same day and the quality is 100x better!!

br549oicu8
02-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Maybe I'll call them for ya and tell 'em to hurry up!!!! LOL!!
You'll love the enclosed trailer. I have 2 of them and feel it's the only way to go. My son, Grassman177, disagrees but too bad. He can use his open till it falls apart!!
I think you thought this out very well and got the nice options taken care of. Looking forward to seeing your logo stand out on the sides of that rolling billboard!!!
Congrats!

KrayzKajun
02-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Maybe I'll call them for ya and tell 'em to hurry up!!!! LOL!!
You'll love the enclosed trailer. I have 2 of them and feel it's the only way to go. My son, Grassman177, disagrees but too bad. He can use his open till it falls apart!!
I think you thought this out very well and got the nice options taken care of. Looking forward to seeing your logo stand out on the sides of that rolling billboard!!!
Congrats!

thanks man!:waving:

KrayzKajun
02-25-2010, 12:24 PM
well i called yesterday and upgraded to the 5spoke mag wheels on the trailer. and they gave me a delivery date of March 5th. (usually come in sooner)

KrayzKajun
02-27-2010, 05:50 PM
THS IS WHT THE GRAPHICS ON THE TRAILER ARE GUNNA SORTA LOOK LIKE.
will have grass along the bottom of the trailer, and of course the pic of the guy cuttin grass from the bak of my old trailer
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC02052.jpg

KrayzKajun
03-01-2010, 03:17 AM
yay only a few more days untill my trailer gets delivered

TXNSLighting
03-01-2010, 04:11 PM
My gosh its taking forever!! I cant stand it much longer!! :)

KJG24
03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
I believe you will be very happy with your new purchase. I bought an 8.5 x 20 at the beginning of last season. I kick myself now for not buying a 24'. 5200# axles are a must, cut down alot on tire wear.

KrayzKajun
03-03-2010, 12:33 AM
My gosh its taking forever!! I cant stand it much longer!! :)

:cry::cry::cry::cry: its killin me ryan!

KrayzKajun
03-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Ughhh a few more days!

albhb3
03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
so where is this mythical trailer youve been talking about

KrayzKajun
03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
so where is this mythical trailer youve been talking about

just got the fone call! trailer will be delivered 2morrow!:clapping::clapping:

albhb3
03-09-2010, 07:29 PM
oooooooo I cant wait!:clapping::drinkup:

TXNSLighting
03-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02DURAMAX
03-12-2010, 01:48 PM
So....Any Pics? I wanna see...I remember When I had to wait for mine..

albhb3
03-12-2010, 01:48 PM
He put them up in another thread

xclusive
03-29-2010, 07:01 PM
nice trailer!!!!!! rivet less walls like mine! yeah just get the rollers they are cheap and i bet if you take them the manufacture they will weld them on there.

i have pictures of the back of my trailer with the rollers on this site somewhere, alot of people asked to see them.

get them soon, you will be sick to your stomach when you drag a$$ out of a parking lot and tear that trim all off.

Picasso where did you get those rollers from and how much did they cost you? I cant seem to find them anywhere.