PDA

View Full Version : Zrator or Z rator ?

brucec32
02-12-2010, 04:12 PM
saw an ad in turf magazine for this. It appears to be somewhat like previous attempts at a front mounted aerator for ZTRs, but with core tines. Says you can aerate while turning. Made by Uteco. Sorry, no pic. Zero internet presence I could find, which isn't promising for it being a product you can be sure will be supported in years to come.

pressley10r
02-23-2010, 12:11 PM
I just saw it this morning in turf mag. I googled it and found nothing either, but Id like to know more about it

clcscaper
02-25-2010, 10:16 AM
yeah, I saw the same add and was interested, however this thread is about all I found when I searched it.

BIOGRASS
02-25-2010, 02:25 PM
dunno, I am also interested

pressley10r
02-25-2010, 03:03 PM
does anyone else wonder why there are so few offerings of front mounted aerators? what do we have trac vac and jrco(which is not a true core aerator{costs way too much anyway}) I think they are a great idea; I cant believe there arent dozens of companies making these things

onebreezer
02-25-2010, 04:18 PM
plug-r also know as rock solid makes a front mount aerator. it's pricy but is very nice. it is cam driven a true core aerator not like a drum aerater. they also make a pull behind model and a walk behind model that i own.

pressley10r
02-25-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't think rock solid is in business anymore. Plugr is made by source1. Thats kind of what I'm getting at the rock solid front mount is gone, the gator rator is gone, you would think these companies would be thriving!

onebreezer
02-25-2010, 06:30 PM
I think that Plugr makes a front mount used on Walker mowers. It may be used on others also I don't know.

pressley10r
02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
ohh, I was referring to units that would fit mid mounts, I don't have/need a walker.

Runner
03-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, great thinking on this "zraetor's" part to have a website or ANY type of info at all on it...Marketing at it's best. If they are engineering, manufacturing, producing, and puttingthese things out in the field,...they couldn't go as far as to even make a website? Even a cheesy little one for a temporary would suffice for now...They could've put something on FACEbook and been a whole lot farther ahead than wha they are now!

PBinWA
03-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah, great thinking on this "zraetor's" part to have a website or ANY type of info at all on it...Marketing at it's best. If they are engineering, manufacturing, producing, and puttingthese things out in the field,...they couldn't go as far as to even make a website? Even a cheesy little one for a temporary would suffice for now...They could've put something on FACEbook and been a whole lot farther ahead than wha they are now!

I bet they could even find some computer geek with a lawn fetish to do a site for them in exchange for product. :rolleyes:

brucec32
03-12-2010, 12:32 PM
It really is disappointed that some of these people who obviously have some good engineering ideas cannot face the fact that they are not competent to put these products out without the help of a major manufacturer. No website, no ability for prospects to get information other than by calling a phone number(hard to study the design over the phone!), and mostly ZERO dealer network or support when you have a problem. And oh yeah, you have to PRAY they don't go out of business like the others and leave you with an orphaned machine that needs a part.

Next time you have a great idea for a lawn product, don't manufacture them, sell the freaking idea to a major player with the resources to do something with it.

djagusch
03-12-2010, 01:11 PM
It really is disappointed that some of these people who obviously have some good engineering ideas cannot face the fact that they are not competent to put these products out without the help of a major manufacturer. No website, no ability for prospects to get information other than by calling a phone number(hard to study the design over the phone!), and mostly ZERO dealer network or support when you have a problem. And oh yeah, you have to PRAY they don't go out of business like the others and leave you with an orphaned machine that needs a part.

Next time you have a great idea for a lawn product, don't manufacture them, sell the freaking idea to a major player with the resources to do something with it.

I think the market size for these is the main issue. If you look at it from a big player eyes (like toro) buying the design or producing it isn't the problem it's the volume that is the problem. Then there is "the does it move the needle?" for the company (what increase in gross or net will they see). Guessing it would be less than .1% of their total numbers.

How many of these do you think a company would sell maybe 50 to 100 with a good marketing campaign. Would that volume even support one employee's wage's?