PDA

View Full Version : Total Loss? New Holland Track Loader

Alpha Property
02-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I look on this auction site quite a bit, usualy it says whats wrong with it, it says it will just crawl around? i find it hard to belive that with 600 hours on it they would write it off

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DispSingleItem&ItemNumber=18239

Shasta Lake Landscaping
02-13-2010, 11:14 AM
I think they worded it confusingly, I think they mean it goes fine, since its a crawler, thats just a term they used for forward motion, since it says starts, runs, and crawls..maybe not who knows. Curent bid is $14,000 tho, thats alot for a broke one.

Alpha Property
02-13-2010, 11:28 AM
"Description: Insurance Total Loss. This is a 2005 New Holland LT190B Skid Loader."

Mowingman
02-13-2010, 11:50 AM
That really is strange about the "total loss". Could it be a recovered, stolen unit, that insurance paid a total losss to the original owner? could it have been under water, and insurance does not want to deal with fixing it?
I sure would want a clear explanation of the reason for that wording before buying it.

alco
02-13-2010, 04:43 PM
I would say the recovered, stolen unit is most likely since insurance would have paid out for a total loss, and this would be to recover anything they can get.

DiyDave
02-13-2010, 08:20 PM
I would say the recovered, stolen unit is most likely since insurance would have paid out for a total loss, and this would be to recover anything they can get.
Ditto. Could have a lot wrong, electronically, and the damage could add up to more than a dealer considers its worth.:waving: