PDA

View Full Version : mulch blades

gogetter
06-06-2002, 01:42 AM
Hi Gerd. I'm not sure I understand how the Mag-8000 handles the mulching blades?

I can't see how the unit puts the same angle across the wavy edge of the blade. It would seem to me that it would still require some sort of "free handing".

Of course I've never used any kind of blade sharpener/grinder, and I haven't seen the 8000 in person either, so it should come as no surprise that I don't understand how it works! lol.

Thanks.

Magna-Matic
06-06-2002, 04:19 PM
Hello,

This is a question asked very often with the MAG-8000, and really the best solution is to see it in person. But i will try to explain it here in short.

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS QUESTION DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US WE ARE GLAD TO EXPLAIN ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS OVER THE PHONE.

800-328-1110

The rounded work table is kind of like a cam follower. Starting at the inside of the blade edge, you put the blade on the rounded work table and pull it towards you. The rounded work table will follow the underside of the blade, this allows you to achieve the same angle along the full length of the edge. As long as the blade is held perpendicular to the rotation of the grinding wheel, and held down with full contact with the work table you will have no problem sharpening a curved mulching blade.

Please also understand that sharpening a curved mulching blade is not like a straight blade. With a straight blade you can really push and "hog" a lot of steel off, with a curved mulching blade you can also remove a lot of steel, but it is done with a slightly "lighter touch".

The MAG-8000 is very easy to use, even though perhaps the above explaination sounds complex. People usually have the hang of it after the 3rd or 5th blade they sharpen. We also offer a MAG-START-UP training program. This is a FREE SERVICE, where after you purchase a sharpener of ours, and have it set up and ready to go, we have you give us a call, and we walk you thru the first use of the sharpener, or any other product. Also if you do not have time to train an employee, have him call us.

In addition to the MAG-START-UP Training, there is our 30 day money back guarantee. No other sharpener mfg will give you a grinder for 30 days to use and then take it back if you don't like it. The reason we offer this is because very very few ever come back.

If you or anyone else at LAWNSITE would like a more detailed explaination, please give us a call 800-328-1110

Thank you,