PDA

View Full Version : 2010 What brand of pavers do you like best Poll

DVS Hardscaper
02-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Please cast your vote! And feel free to post your opinions / experiences / questions.

Please behave, not interested in a Ford vs Chevy debate.

Also, I can't list all the paver manufacturers, this forum only allows for up to 5 poll options.

Anyone wanna place bets on how long till Adam at the "premier" hardscape forum mimicks this poll?

greatinmulchbeds
02-17-2010, 10:35 PM
techo is very easy to work with and the quality/appearance is second to none.

zedosix
02-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Techo is great, but still lacking in color definition. Unilock has that part cornered.

DVS Hardscaper
02-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Techo is great, but still lacking in color definition. Unilock has that part cornered.

I. completely. agree. with the part that techo has drab colors.

With all their innovation. And all the strides they take to be the best - you can't tell me that Charlie honestly thinks his colors are adequate. He ain't no idiot. I'm gonna venture to GUESS that they keep the colors drab and dull to minimize manufacturing costs?? Either that, or to minimize fading complaints....

Rocha_Construction
02-18-2010, 09:47 AM
I would say the best one is Techo bloc. Specially since they offer a lifetime warranty that owners seem to like a lot.

We use Belgard though... why? Because customer always select the estimate that comes with them (cheaper....)

Twitchy
02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
By color do you mean the rust marks on the top coarse? No need for metal bands unilock.

Scaping 4 Life
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.borgertproducts.com/borgert/

DVS Hardscaper
02-19-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm surprised.

All these people on this site from New Jersey, and so far no one has voted for EP Henry? Whats going on with EP Henry that no one has voted for them??

Danscapes
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I only by Paverlock products, and now they have came out with these.

http://www.readingrock.com/hardscapes/product.aspx?productid=1

zedosix
02-19-2010, 11:38 PM
By color do you mean the rust marks on the top coarse? No need for metal bands unilock.

Agree that the metal bands are ancient technology but techos colors still aint that pretty.

Lugnut
02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
My vote goes to Cambridge of the manufacturers you listed, although to be fair I'll mention I've never worked with either Belgard or EP Henry. Unilock is a great product but more difficult to sell due to their pricing. They do have the best colors and accent pavers though..I'm a big fan of CST also, that was what I put down the most of last year.

mike174
02-23-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm surprised.

All these people on this site from New Jersey, and so far no one has voted for EP Henry? Whats going on with EP Henry that no one has voted for them??

You just got your first EP Henry vote :waving: Most dealers are either EP Henry or Techo Bloc in my area of NJ. Customers usually pick EP Henry because they like the colors vs. Techo Bloc. Also, EP Henry isn't a cheap choice.

Ecoscaper
03-01-2010, 10:58 AM
They're distributed and made by the local Versa-Lok manufacturer. Nice even colors, matches the Versa-Lok wall colors. They now make a couple of nice permeable pavers too. Don't know if they're available nationally.

Humble Earth Mover
03-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Anyone wanna place bets on how long till Adam at the "premier" hardscape forum mimicks this poll?

:laugh: ....because yes Andrew, this poll is just so groundbreaking! Are you seriously that full of yourself? :dizzy: I mean, you are flat out implying that I troll this site and steal your lame brain ideas and use them on our, as you say, "Premier site". :nono: Show me one single instance of that ever being true. Better yet, show me one instance of you ever posting anything that would be worth stealing. :hammerhead:

So seriously dude, get over yourself and please keep my name out of your mouth with the intention to discredit. We try to run a professional site with pertinent and useful information and your accusations of "mimicking" your posts are both unwarranted and unappreciated. Maybe one day you'll wake up and see that your underhanded comments and pissy attitude are what got you banned from the "Pro" site to begin with, of which I had no part in.....yet, you still apparently hold quite a grudge as you continue to take jabs. Quite childish really.

DVS Hardscaper
03-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Well Humble Earth, we certainly hope you remembered to cast your vote after all that! Techo and Belgard have been running neck for neck :)

BTW - don't know which site you fancy. But what would entitle one to presume it's "Premier" anything?

CertPro
03-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Is that a rhetorical question? You used the word "Premier" DVS, so what entitles u?

wurkn with amish
03-02-2010, 06:27 PM
I like any paver that goes with the job I design.

note:
As long as they meet my standards....

side note:
Maybe I will start a poll on the "premier" site just to piss off DUECHIOUS

DVS Hardscaper
03-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Is that a rhetorical question? You used the word "Premier" DVS, so what entitles u?

One can use any words the desire, as long as appropriate, Chris.

But when there are no hardscape websites on the net with the word "premier" in the web address (or slogan, etc.) - then one may be flyin off the handle in responding when one is defending somethin that isn't in existance :) Kinda like if one says "Ii don't like that guy who wore the red shirt". Well, even though you had a red shirt on - how do you know beyond a shodow of a doubt it was you they were talking about? Thus, under such context - NO entitlement exists :)

Now if one says "ABC.com" is a cool site. Then that could not be any more specifc, as such a site exists.

Anwho Chris, (dont you hate people that say anywho?) even though you're working for that fert & squirt company we'd like for you to cast your favorite paver vote.

CertPro
03-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Fert and squirt? better check your sources broheim. Thats about 1/32 of our gross revenue. Nice try though. My vote, as always, goes to Techo

kootoomootoo
03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
you guys miss me yet.

DVS Hardscaper
03-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Fert and squirt? better check your sources broheim. Thats about 1/32 of our gross revenue. Nice try though. My vote, as always, goes to Techo

Welp, my bad. You gotta admit it's hard to keep tabs on a guy who just a year ago, back on Feb 13, 2009 said his name is 'Ed' and stated he worked solo, to pushing a spreader at Spayds, to now doing designs! Whew doggie!

All in all in the end I guess all that matters is that the drum set was rescued from the sale......

Humble Earth Mover
03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Welp, my bad. You gotta admit it's hard to keep tabs on a guy who just a year ago, back on Feb 13, 2009 said his name is 'Ed' and stated he worked solo, to pushing a spreader at Spayds, to now doing designs! Whew doggie!

All in all in the end I guess all that matters is that the drum set was rescued from the sale......

Master Baiter Extraordinaire.