PDA

View Full Version : Dingo with soil cultivator.

tamo
02-18-2010, 02:35 AM
I just came across the soil cultivator attachment for a Dingo. Is this thing too good to be true or what?

Right now we sod cut, rototill, and rake out for our new lawn installs.

So cultivator attachment basically shoves an existing lawn underneath fresh soil?

Is that really an adequate way to go about lawn prep? Won't the area be open to settling when the old lawn (now underground) starts to decompose.

The thing looks awesome, just wondering if its too good to be true.

Can you really remove an old lawn and prep for a new one with this tool?

LB1234
02-18-2010, 10:33 PM
I have it (bought it used from a fellow lawnsite member) and yes it is a great tool. HOWEVER, I prefer to spray the area down with veg kill a week or so before I till, then it works damn good. I find it you have a fairly think turf or weedy lawn it doesn't kill them, it just unroots them and it is really really hard to rake out.

We mainly use it for repairing an area that we wound up traveling back and forth on where the soil became hardpan. We also use the cultivator for soil amendments and fertilzer to work it into the soil...it works great for that.

White Gardens
02-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I have it (bought it used from a fellow lawnsite member) and yes it is a great tool. HOWEVER, I prefer to spray the area down with veg kill a week or so before I till, then it works damn good. I find it you have a fairly think turf or weedy lawn it doesn't kill them, it just unroots them and it is really really hard to rake out.

We mainly use it for repairing an area that we wound up traveling back and forth on where the soil became hardpan. We also use the cultivator for soil amendments and fertilzer to work it into the soil...it works great for that.

Ditto. Definite ditto on killing the law first.