PDA

View Full Version : New Case Dealer for Atlanta

AWJ Services
02-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Briggs is no longer a Case dealer and they are being replaced by Border equipment. I may have to see if they will give me a demo and drag it around with my Takeuchi.:)

SellingIron
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
There are three Briggs dealerships that closed shop here in FL..They sent most of there equipment to the auctions..

Junior M
02-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Hmm.. I'll have to see what happened to the CASE dealer here.

Oh who am I kidding, I dont care! :laugh:

Dirtman2007
02-18-2010, 08:39 PM
There are three Briggs dealerships that closed shop here in FL..They sent most of there equipment to the auctions..

Yeah I had fun playing on the case 460.

They shut our briggs dealer down up here as well.

just need to repaint them and send them to the linkbelt dealer:laugh:

stuvecorp
02-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Hopefully the new dealer has some good reputation?

Junior M
02-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Hopefully the new dealer has some good reputation?
if it has anything to do with CASE, I doubt it.. :p :laugh:

AWJ Services
02-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Hopefully the new dealer has some good reputation

They have dealer in Savannah and Augusta and have been in buisness for 26 years. I will call and waste some of there time tomorrow.:clapping:

stuvecorp
02-18-2010, 08:58 PM
They have dealer in Savannah and Augusta and have been in buisness for 26 years. I will call and waste some of there time tomorrow.:clapping:

You never know, might come home with some PowerTan.:usflag:

grassmanvt
02-19-2010, 12:54 PM
As far as I know lyon auction is liquidating what equipment is left from briggs in a couple phases. To the best of my knowledge all branches are closing.

AEL
02-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Bought a case 1650k lgp blade from a rb auction in florida about two years ago . Before purchasing the blade , we spoke with a briggs sales rep who said he was positive the thing was original hours . The blade had a new u/c on it as well. Brought the blade home, unloaded it off the low boy started plowing the snow off the yard parking lot , and what would you know the motor went on it. This was the start of a long string of repairs on the unit. There was no way on the face of the earth that this blade had the hours that the sales man had told us.

On a side note, when this thing runs properly it is a sweet blade!

AWJ Services
02-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I spoke with the GM today. They are still in the opening stage and will not be at 100% till middle of march. I plan to go see them then .

stuvecorp
02-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Sean, nice dozer but sucks you had so much problems when you got it.

ksss
02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Sean, nice dozer but sucks you had so much problems when you got it.

That is the downside of auctions. Its always a roll of the dice. I have yet to get seriously bite but have taken a couple bites of a sh!t sandwitch. Thats why my thoughts have always been when buying pieces that are complex at auction, you need to get a good deal on them just to cover the O' F@ck that sometimes comes home with your purchase.

Mowingman
02-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Yep, auctions are a crapshoot. I have never felt good about buying a high dollar item at an auction. I guess I have been involved in sending too many machines TO the auctions, so I know what goes on. We used to stand around in the back row and laugh at what bidders were paying for worn out machines our company had placed in equipment auctions. Actually though, I felt sorry for many of the buyers, since I knew what they were actually getting.
Nothing like a good "Sherwin Williams Overhaul", to help get top dollar out of a machine.