PDA

View Full Version : Useless uncaring people

chipk1
02-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Got ripped off at Home Depot. A shin eb630. Home depot has a camera pointing straight at where my truck was and they refuse to look at the video to see if they can get a description of who did it or what the were driving unless they are summoned to do so or the police request to look it it. The police say the only way the will recover is if it gets pawned. They will not even bother looking at the video. I know the exact 5 minute time span in which it was done. What a bunch of useless uncaring people. I spend a few thousand dollars every year at home depot and they could care less. I pay taxes out the rear end and the police could care less. Makes one want to bait the back of a track and sit and wait for these jerks to show up and try to rip it off again. Arrrrgggg!

JB1
02-18-2010, 08:52 PM
sounds like a call to the local tv station to tell how Home Depot harbors criminals, embarass the hell out of them.

Sweet Tater
02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
sounds like a call to the local tv station to tell how Home Depot harbors criminals, embarass the hell out of them.

I second that, they dont like negative publicity

P&C Lawn Care
02-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Are you mad at them for not locking your equipment up? The Methheads look for easy money. And in reality the video probably will not even help in getting your equipment back. You will have to check with all the pawn shops yourself. The police will not be looking for one single item like that. They see theft all the time and if you don't lock your stuff up they have very little pity. BTW Policemen pay taxes too. Sorry for your loss, but I bet you didn't buy your Shin from The Home Depot.

Darryl G
02-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Home Depot is a great place to get stuff stolen. Lots of stuff being loaded/unloaded so ppl don't tend to notice and lots of trucks/vans able to carry it away. I lost 5 or 6 nice fiberglass Structron hand tools I had in the bed of my pickup trick at one a few years ago. Not the biggest loss but still p'd me off.

N.TX
03-01-2010, 09:31 AM
I know it sounds dumb but I usually lock my stuff up and then I leave some handtools and maybe one cheaper piece of power equipment ..."like an older trimmer thats has about seen its days anyways or my little chainsaw" in the back of the truck so if they are going to jack somthing they will steal whats easy and not try to cut the locks for the expensive stuff.

WenzelOSLLC
03-01-2010, 07:09 PM
P&C is right about locking your equipment up, lesson learned I hope, however it is kind of disappointing that they can't just look.

I understand if they don't want you personally looking because you could be trying to scout their cameras but they could tell you what they see. I'm sure those security guys have nothing better to do.

dKoester
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Just set them up and give the beatdown. Best of luck man.

LouisianaLawnboy
03-02-2010, 12:25 AM
You should have called the cops right there and made them come down.

Call the radio station and newspapers and let them know.

FertNSquirt
03-05-2010, 08:55 AM

what he said.

STIHL GUY
03-05-2010, 10:26 PM
i always leave everything home when im going to home depot...even if it is only for a minute everything gets unloaded

topsites
03-06-2010, 03:16 AM
Are you mad at them for not locking your equipment up?

No but they could have at least TRIED to explain why they'd refuse to let a customer look at a video...
Not that I know of a reason but if someone got murdered in their parking lot, oh oh omg, that's reason enough now, is it?
See that kind of attitude would piss me off, too.

i always leave everything home when im going to home depot...even if it is only for a minute everything gets unloaded

I hear ya, I don't like going there in my truck at all, forget unloading I usually take the car lol
But yeah, I've read enough horror stories, no truck and trailer to H/D or Lowe's or anyplace where...
That is just a POS lowlife thing to do too thou.

mowerdude777
03-06-2010, 02:49 PM
No but they could have at least TRIED to explain why they'd refuse to let a customer look at a video...
Not that I know of a reason but if someone got murdered in their parking lot, oh oh omg, that's reason enough now, is it?
See that kind of attitude would piss me off, too.

I hear ya, I don't like going there in my truck at all, forget unloading I usually take the car lol
But yeah, I've read enough horror stories, no truck and trailer to H/D or Lowe's or anyplace where...
That is just a POS lowlife thing to do too thou.

I never take my stuff to lowes or Home depot but we have an ace that I work by that I have had to run it no a couple times after a lawn. But I have my dad or mom (who ever is driving me) stay in the van when I run in.

Chilehead
03-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Got ripped off at Home Depot. A shin eb630. Home depot has a camera pointing straight at where my truck was and they refuse to look at the video to see if they can get a description of who did it or what the were driving unless they are summoned to do so or the police request to look it it. The police say the only way the will recover is if it gets pawned. They will not even bother looking at the video. I know the exact 5 minute time span in which it was done. What a bunch of useless uncaring people. I spend a few thousand dollars every year at home depot and they could care less. I pay taxes out the rear end and the police could care less. Makes one want to bait the back of a track and sit and wait for these jerks to show up and try to rip it off again. Arrrrgggg!

The exact same thing happened to me at a Lowe's back in 2004. The crooks cut my equipment rack right off the trailer w/trimmers and edger still locked on. Police and Lowe's staff were useless and uncooperative. I agree with the statement so many Lawnsite users have expressed: Dead men tell no tales.:nono::nono:

SharpLawnCare
03-24-2010, 10:51 PM
One time my bike cbr 1000 RR was taken 10 feet from my bedroom window, between 3:30 7:00am. woke up for work at 7:00 am. Had my bike back by 4:00 pm same day. thxs to lojack.