PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Kit/Double Blade Kit - 32" Pro G

kennyg
06-08-2002, 04:13 PM
What is the retail price of the mulch kit and also the double blade kit for the 32" ProG?

(Due to the great reviews that I have seen thru this and other sites, I just purchased the ProG and have cut my well rained-on and overgrown lawn to a manicured finish, with just a small amount of clippings on top. I want to but usually can't get out and cut the grass twice a week, so I am thinking about the above options.)

I have been checking out the threads and I noticed that Dan at Gravely said the double blades would not be necessary if the mulch kit was purchased (or for that matter, some of the pros mentioned that that mulch kit would not be necessary if the double blades were purchased). I later noticed that Jim from Ariens said that the double blades were made to improve the mulching capabilities.

If I just purchased the mulching kit (which comes with mulching blades) can't they just double up with the blades that came withe machine? What's the difference between standard, mulching and then double blades?

Hope I didn't ask too many questions, and thanks in advance.

A very satisfied Gravely owner.

The Gladiator
06-10-2002, 08:54 AM
Kenny, Here is the list prices on the mulching kit and the double blade kit.

Mulching kit - $107.00
Double Blade kit - $45.00

Now, you asked about using the double blades with the mulching kit. Each kit will take extra horse power to run, if you combine both kits together it will take extra horse power to run so I would not suggest it. My suggestion is to run double blades as you will get some mulching with excellent results when mowing tall or wet grass.

If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail.

Regards,
Dan Kilgas