PDA

View Full Version : picked up my new trailer

Moto52
02-20-2010, 12:49 PM
I've read alot of posts of people looking for enclosed trailers and trying to find a good one for a good price so i'll show you what i bought for what i think is a really good deal for around here. it's a 8.5x20ft V-nose,ramp door,RV style latch sidedoor, 3500lbs axles, brakes on both axles, int lights, aluminum rims, It was 6199.99 plus taxes. I've got alot of work today i'm putting in a little bit of a living courters in the front of it with a futon, cuboards, micro wave, mini fridge, wall mounted tv. I bought the trailer for work and i use it for motorcross racing as well, so i still should have more then enough room for my work stuff.. I haven't decided what floor i want to put in. my old trailer i put in vinyl flooring one piece and i will never do that again ripped and looked like crap in no time. whats the cheapest best lasting flooring to put in???
http://i47.tinypic.com/zjdjyp.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2rgz3lv.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2jcwmt0.jpg

JFGauvreau
02-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Seems like a good deal, where did you bought it from?

and for the floor I think some paint would work some sand mix into it. I'm sure their is some products for that but I can't remember the name.

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-20-2010, 04:32 PM
get some bedliner from autozone called herculiner. 3 coats of that will keep it lasting forever and youll get good traction as well. go up the side walls too and youll be completely waterproof.

this is what im going to do when we pick up our 8.5x20 enclosed this spring

360ci
02-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Bedliner is the best bet for sure. Just know that it will add more weight than a similar vinyl floor would. The traction the bedliner provides is more than worth the price of installation.

Moto52
02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Seems like a good deal, where did you bought it from?

and for the floor I think some paint would work some sand mix into it. I'm sure their is some products for that but I can't remember the name.

I bought it from a some dealer in ST. Thomas, Clentec he lists all his stuff on Kijiji in Hamilton or Toronto adds. I couldn't even find this trailer anywhere close to this price when I was looking..

Moto52
02-20-2010, 08:02 PM
get some bedliner from autozone called herculiner. 3 coats of that will keep it lasting forever and youll get good traction as well. go up the side walls too and youll be completely waterproof.

this is what im going to do when we pick up our 8.5x20 enclosed this spring

How do you apply that do you have to have your own spray gun??

DoetschOutdoor
02-20-2010, 08:32 PM
You roll the bedliner on and its not heavy enough to add any weight like linex would be. Mines going on its 3rd season of use with no touch ups and trailer gets used for mowers, leaves, dirtbikes, etc. I got the bedliner from walmart. Posted pics a few threads down. Definately the best and most cost efficient.

TXNSLighting
02-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Now thats a bad ass truck man! who cares about the trailer!!! ha!

Moto52
02-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Now thats a bad ass truck man! who cares about the trailer!!! ha!

Thank you, Built Ford Tough! Ha Ha

Moto52
02-21-2010, 12:22 PM
You roll the bedliner on and its not heavy enough to add any weight like linex would be. Mines going on its 3rd season of use with no touch ups and trailer gets used for mowers, leaves, dirtbikes, etc. I got the bedliner from walmart. Posted pics a few threads down. Definately the best and most cost efficient.

can you post the link I can't find the post your talking about with the pics??

overtime mp
02-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Not to hijack but. I have been thinkin of puting that bedliner down on my open trailer. Will that work on the wood? With it being open all the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

xclusive
02-21-2010, 01:20 PM
can you post the link I can't find the post your talking about with the pics??

Here is the thread with the pictures. Its towards the bottom http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=160993&page=4

DoetschOutdoor
02-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Not to hijack but. I have been thinkin of puting that bedliner down on my open trailer. Will that work on the wood? With it being open all the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Im sure it would work for a little while but I dont know how this stuff would hold up to the weather and being outside all the time. The roll on bedliner is perfect for enclosed trailers but its not near as thick or durable as linex which would be better suited for outdoors.

rcslawncare
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Don't know about applying it to the wood planks, but iv considered a coating for my open trailer! Nice truck and trailer, those wheels look awesome on the trailer!

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-22-2010, 12:47 AM
ya you just roll it on and it should work regardless, just make sure you clean off the planks and that they are dry before applying.

for an extremely durable finish, i would do 3 coats with at least 4hrs dry time in between. just feel when its just a bit tacky and this will promote adhesion with the next coat. this should last you about 5yrs depending on usage before you would have to apply another coat.

my brother had used this on his trucks rocker panels, his backrack, his buddies truck's rocker panels and it works great.

Moto52
02-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Don't know about applying it to the wood planks, but iv considered a coating for my open trailer! Nice truck and trailer, those wheels look awesome on the trailer!

Yea those rims were a 280 dollar option I like them to alot better then the normal stock white rim..

KrayzKajun
02-23-2010, 03:21 AM
very nice! another big enclosed with a ford pullin it!!