PDA

View Full Version : Box truck owner!

AllAmericanlawn
02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Just got an Isuzu NPR box truck! Ready to accesorize it! Any suggestions on racks? I like the xtreme trimmer rack by greentouch. Not sure which blower rack to get. Also considering the fuel station that installs under box, 35/14 gallon. a bit pricey though at $2600+. Any suggestion on any acessories is helpful.

AllAmericanlawn
02-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Thinking about the trimmer trap general purpose rack for the blower. looks really stable. Box shaped instead of a hook style.

OrganicsMaine
02-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I have been looking at the box trucks, but my biggest concern is what to do in fall when leaf clean ups are in full swing. How would you haul away the debris? I know that the SLT has the debris dumper which is nice, but looks difficult to load....would prob. need a leaf loader custom mounted somehow.

I'm not in a position to buy one yet, but always thinking!

AllAmericanlawn
02-21-2010, 11:29 AM
My box will be for mowing only. I still have my trailers. Never unload at the end of the day again! woohoooo!

OrganicsMaine
02-21-2010, 12:51 PM
My box will be for mowing only. I still have my trailers. Never unload at the end of the day again! woohoooo!

So will you be running a 2nd truck with you come fall, or going back to pulling a trailer w/a truck?

AllAmericanlawn
02-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I plan on running my truck and trailer for landscaping and anything else. For the big leave jobs i just put them on the curb and sub out the pickup and disposal. This will be the first year i am mowing 5 days a week. In the past i have mowed 4 days and did landscaping on 1 day and/or saturdays. I kept getting so busy that i would turn down landscape jobs because i only had 1 truck. I think this will open up alot more possibilities keeping the box truck mowing all the time.

OrganicsMaine
02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I agree that having one truck dedicated to mowing is a good thing....been there, done that, and it was tough trying to do everything with one truck. For me, I really like the box truck concept, but I think I would need one equipped with a dump box for fall clean ups. I mulch for the majority of the season, so grass clippings aren't a concern, but some of those leaf jobs are huge.

AllAmericanlawn
02-21-2010, 05:14 PM
I guess its what will fit your needs the best. For me the pros just out way the cons for the box truck. I guess it is kind of limited in some areas of work. The biggest thing for me is storage of equipment. Its a mobile garage.

2k1yzfr1
07-21-2010, 12:41 AM
We've been running a reg cab NPR with an 18' box this season and it has been great to mow out of. I needed something more employee friendly and easier to drive (last set up was a crew cab 450 and a 20' enclosed.) The PO bought another 33 gal fuel take from Isuzu and plumbed a transfer pump inside a small underbody box. Might be something to look into for a cheaper fuel storage solution.

Manicured
08-01-2010, 11:38 PM
AllAmerican,
I purchased a SLT in 2007. This was one of my best business decisions. I ordered the exterior fuel system. Again, this was a decision that has paid for itself time and time again. I did not order the interior package from SLT however. I chose to design the inside myself. I installed Greentouch throughout the truck. Including the xtreme trimmer rack, 2 blower racks, shevl/ rake rack, a 2 item original equipment rack (this is used for extended pole saw and extended hedge trimmer), backpack sprayer rack, etc... I think that Greentouch makes the best equipment racks. I also had a side roll-up door installed on the passenger side of my truck. You will also find that your truck will be a great vehicle for moving plant materials! Congradulations on your investment. I can assure you made a great business decision.

Lawn Enforcer
08-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Congrats on your purchase! I would love to have something like this someday!