PDA

View Full Version : Bed edgers

betterlawnsandlandscaping
02-21-2010, 11:59 AM
What brand bed edgers do you guys use? If you rent them, where do you rent them from? I still rent them from Sunbelt rentals but I would like to buy a used one in good shape.

LB1234
02-21-2010, 02:28 PM
EZ Trencher bed edger. love it. paid about 2300 for it new...think it was a demo unit or something. believe they are 26 or so new. we love ours.

used to rent one from the local rental yard...something like 180 for 24hrs, 160 for 8 and hourly was around 30 per hour. It was getting to be a pain to rent cause of the amount of jobs we did that called for it. What really made me purchase was that my rentals the year before I purchased was somewhere in the range of 1800 bucks. IF I calculated windshield time to pick/drop off and fuel and the like it basically paid for itself in one year. I can now just keep it in the trailer/truck and use at my leisure. I no longer have to line 3-4 up and then run around a day or two before the jobs to get done to edge.

Kennedy Landscaping
02-21-2010, 02:57 PM
I just use a garbage picked Edger...Weedeater brand. It works for the occasional use I give it.

jlouki01
03-01-2010, 11:57 AM
We have a Brown bed edger and a Turfco and than tune them up with a King of Spades.