PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do Makeready Services along with lawncare???

N.TX
02-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Over the past year I have been looking into different ideas that are profitable that can be and add on to my lawn maint biz. I was thinking about getting into makeready for apartments and homes that are for lease or being sold and im figuring the basic services would be cleaning, painting, and minor handyman jobs. I know the apartments wouldnt pay too much but it seems as though it would be simple and you could get a large volume of work and a system down to get the work done to make a decent profit. If you offer this service or have offered it in the past any input would be appreciated.

N.TX
02-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Anyone............??????????

sehitchman
02-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I guess you could say I'm the "make ready" guy in our business. My son does most of the mowing with my help if needed. I have never used the term "make ready" or heard it around here but I like it. I do a bunch of things for vacant and rental homes. In the last year I've , repaired drywall, replaced roof shingles, repaired ballasters, fixed step rails, painted in and out, tore out carpet, hauled left trash and personal items, fixed loose bricks on entry steps, repaired gutters and downspouts, replaced broken tile's, repaired a bunch of broken ceiling lights (I think they break them when moving in and leave them broken the whole time they live there), replaced damaged smoke detectors (same as the lights, but I think they bust them down when they are going off because they cannot reach or have a ladder), replaced water heater, replaced faucets, re-key entry doors, and change entry lock sets, replaced pool pump and filter, and installed pool heater. I stay as busy as I want to be and this is all from referrals with no advertising. I quote each job and never give an hourly rate and average much better than mowing.