PDA

View Full Version : WTB Skid Sprayer

Lawn Enforcer
02-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Looking to purchase a skid sprayer, 100-500 gallons, under $2,000. I'll look at pretty much any sprayer. Let me know what you have. Willing to drive. Thanks! Shoot me a PM

Lawn Enforcer
02-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Also willing to buy just engine/pump combo if you have one...

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Lawn - I know you are gung ho this season, starting apps...
Did you consider a ride-on at all? I initially started thinking skid before I realized how much more immobile the unit is and the lawn size limitations it can cover? I quickly started looking at a ride on for those reasons. BUT, perhaps a skid better fits your operation?

Lawn Enforcer
02-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Lawn - I know you are gung ho this season, starting apps...
Did you consider a ride-on at all? I initially started thinking skid before I realized how much more immobile the unit is and the lawn size limitations it can cover? I quickly started looking at a ride on for those reasons. BUT, perhaps a skid better fits your operation?

I did consider a ride-on, but the guy I will be working closely with has the proper equipment for large lawns, so if I get any large properties, I will have him spray them for me. Did you get any good leads on skid sprayers?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-23-2010, 03:13 PM
I did consider a ride-on, but the guy I will be working closely with has the proper equipment for large lawns, so if I get any large properties, I will have him spray them for me. Did you get any good leads on skid sprayers?

OK - that sounds like a winning combo!

I have a tentative deal going on a PG. I went away from the skid because of its immobility and I do not have the cash to buy both at this time, so I chose the ride-on. I plan to do most everything with the ride on except my small lawns under 5k sq ft where a ride on would be clumsy, then I will just use my elec. backpack (one tank full should cover).

Lawn Enforcer
02-23-2010, 03:15 PM
OK - that sounds like a winning combo!

I have a tentative deal going on a PG. I went away from the skid because of its immobility and I do not have the cash to buy both at this time, so I chose the ride-on. I plan to do most everything with the ride on except my small lawns under 5k sq ft where a ride on would be clumsy, then I will just use my elec. backpack (one tank full should cover).

Yeah, I'm lucky to have someone who is willing to work with me, and doesn't see me as evil competition. I'm sending you a PM....