PDA

View Full Version : Deere 329D CTL pulls more than 100,000 LBS

Boss Exc.
02-21-2010, 06:55 PM
I have never been a fan of Deere skidsteers.You couldn't give me one,But man I really want to demo one of these new D's.

This is the 329D pulling more than 100,000 LBS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh654Th041A

Here's the 329D again pulling a loaded Deere 350D ADT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcIqGd_fjYI

At only 78 hp they seem to be strong little suckers.

treemover
02-21-2010, 07:12 PM
I would like to see the video of them getting it going. That is a lot harder. Still, almost hard to believe......

jefftb
02-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Impressive? Maybe, but those guys in the World's Strongest Man Comp's pull

Buses:

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/x340404373/56-000-pounds-No-problem-Man-pulls-2-buses-100-feet

Or how about a Boeing 767 plane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tls-Jli6eQE

I'd say the Deere better be able to pull that, so should any other skid steer in its class....

Bleed Green
02-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Ya I have seen those videos on youtube. I think that Greg Zupanicic is putting those vids out there. He would prolly be able to answer any questions about the process that they are taking in the vids if that is who's youtube page it really is. I hope that they put some more videos out, but what I really want to see is some of the D-series machines moving some dirt.

P.Services
02-21-2010, 08:38 PM
I've seen a guy pull a loaded tri axle dump truck with his ***** so that deere should be able to do that easy!!!! Really I saw it on tv.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bleed Green
02-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I've seen a guy pull a loaded tri axle dump truck with his ***** so that deere should be able to do that easy!!!! Really I saw it on tv.
Posted via Mobile Device

Come on that sounds somewhat far-fetched, but I don't want to see proof so I will choose to believe you on this one.

Fieldman12
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
This brings up a good discussion for you guys. What things have you pulled out with your skid loaders? I have pulled out a full sized chevy van and a Buick car both stuck in the home owners driveways on snow. I was hired to come in and clean the driveways out. My tractors where back home and did not want to turn around to go get one of them.

Tigerotor77W
02-21-2010, 09:09 PM
When things are rolling (rather than sliding), there's simply not that much friction. I don't think this is all that impressive, frankly. It's just novel because no one else has done it.

In short, it's marketing.

wanabe
02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I just feel bad for the guy who ends up buying that CTL. Thats alot of pressure on the final drives. And lets see the whole video on it. I bet the the tractor driver "started" the movement. It alot easier to pull anything after its rolling.

DeereMan85
02-21-2010, 10:00 PM
The CTL initiated the movement: no help from the tractor. They used this at the D-Series intro for a fun demonstration. Let's not overanalyze it.

treemover
02-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I had to have a 332 pull out my single axle international about 24k total, it struggled but did it. still dont know about adding 3 times more weight

Bleed Green
02-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I know when I asked the question if the tractor was helping on youtube, I was told that the tractor was totally off and in neutral.

bobcat_ron
02-21-2010, 10:17 PM
There's not much rolling resistance once you get it going, and it was on hard ground.

farmboy1285
02-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Psshh its like 5 pieces of S*** all tied together, lol. That's impressive but there can't be alot of resistance right?

hvy 1ton
02-22-2010, 12:26 AM
I had to have a 332 pull out my single axle international about 24k total, it struggled but did it. still dont know about adding 3 times more weight

Depending on how stuck your truck was, it could have been 3 times the weight of the truck to pull it out. And you were probably were pulling it uphill so you were fighting gravity too. Like tigerotor said, the actual tractive effort required isn't really impressive, but dragging a loaded adt looks impressive as hell.

ioilyouin
02-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Marketing ploy. If you want to impress me, show the startup and have the helpers stand on the ladder. Then we'll talk! And SO WHAT? Anyone else can do the same thing with their equipment, BFD.

Skidsteerman
02-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Main thing is the unit has to be able to gain traction to start pulling the weight and maintain it.

BTW, I saw that in person and while it past the grand stands in front of us, it was actually pulling up a 2% grade.

It was done for promotion... but your talking about it right?!?:waving:

Mr. Rain
02-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Is it a big deal or not? Who knows. Only way to know would be to hook up some other machines and try the same thing. Problem is, none of you would believe the outcome if other brands failed. It would be "rigged" or the operator would be doing it wrong or some other excuse anyway. Either way, that's a heck of a lot of weight to pull with a skid loader, let alone up a grade.

Tigerotor77W
02-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Is it a big deal or not? Who knows. Only way to know would be to hook up some other machines and try the same thing. Problem is, none of you would believe the outcome if other brands failed. It would be "rigged" or the operator would be doing it wrong or some other excuse anyway. Either way, that's a heck of a lot of weight to pull with a skid loader, let alone up a grade.

As skidsteerman said, we're talking about it. Deal -- big or small -- worked. I'm just saying it's an innovative thing to do.

And Mr. Rain, personally, I think that a certain other brand might not get the job done... I left out that remark on my first reply because I think a certain "valve" would kick in for that other brand. :laugh:

That being said, marketing. /shrugs

Skidsteerman
02-22-2010, 12:40 PM
because I think a certain "valve" would kick in for that other brand. :laugh:

As Deere named it... the "Anti-Work" valve;)

Tigerotor77W
02-22-2010, 12:57 PM
As Deere named it... the "Anti-Work" valve;)

Aw don't take all the credit... Bobcat called it that, too. (just not publicly) :p

wanabe
02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Deere salesmen are starting to look like a bunch of used car salesmen on this site. Trying every little tactic or gimmick to make their product look better than the rest. Get some class please!

stuvecorp
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
The CTL initiated the movement: no help from the tractor. They used this at the D-Series intro for a fun demonstration. Let's not overanalyze it.

I'm not going to throw the Deere guys under the bus for this as DeereMan85 said it best in his quote.:usflag:

2109 Stang
02-22-2010, 11:39 PM
I guess you guys have never seen the guy pulling a Boeing 747 by himself ?

So that means that guy is stronger than that machine?

Skidsteerman
02-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Deere salesmen are starting to look like a bunch of used car salesmen on this site. Trying every little tactic or gimmick to make their product look better than the rest. Get some class please!

I don't think a Deere salesman posted this video link thread up.

If your referring to my comment about the anti-work valve nick name, understand I did not mention the brand of said nick name belonged to. However, I'm quite sure you can find threads on this site asking how to adjust said valve so the unit WILL at least preform. I did not initiate the comment about the anti-work valve either, just stated what one of the Deere guys nick named it. I don't follow how this has anything to do with the class of someone.

I could go on how one of the Deere guys nicked named a couple different brand track drive sprocket a Squirrel cage / hamster wheel and a couple different brand CTL idler pulleys Pizza cutters. Do these things offended you in some manor? They are not intended to, they are just intended for humor. I'm sure the competitors have nick names for things on the Deere machines and if I heard them I would more then likely laugh about them as well.

all ferris
02-23-2010, 10:42 PM
I have pushed tractor trailers around in the snow with my t200 bobcat. I have no idea how much weight they had in the trailer and obviously the tractor was spinning its wheels too. I just went behind the trailer and pick up a bit on it and away we went. I have done it numerous times because I plow at a large warehouse location. Never had a power problem doing it.

JDSKIDSTEER
02-24-2010, 07:14 AM

Saw it too. Others may can do it, but funny thing is none of them ever market their product this way. Just sayin.......

JDSKIDSTEER
02-24-2010, 07:22 AM
I don't think a Deere salesman posted this video link thread up.

If your referring to my comment about the anti-work valve nick name, understand I did not mention the brand of said nick name belonged to. However, I'm quite sure you can find threads on this site asking how to adjust said valve so the unit WILL at least preform. I did not initiate the comment about the anti-work valve either, just stated what one of the Deere guys nick named it. I don't follow how this has anything to do with the class of someone.

I could go on how one of the Deere guys nicked named a couple different brand track drive sprocket a Squirrel cage / hamster wheel and a couple different brand CTL idler pulleys Pizza cutters. Do these things offended you in some manor? They are not intended to, they are just intended for humor. I'm sure the competitors have nick names for things on the Deere machines and if I heard them I would more then likely laugh about them as well.
I remember when we had plastic engine side covers and the competitors would tell customers to come down here and tap on them...LOL...I would take them off on run over it with my truck and show them how the did not break.

02-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Not impressed, the scrapers weren't even making a cut... jk! :laugh:

Digdeep
02-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Saw it too. Others may can do it, but funny thing is none of them ever market their product this way. Just sayin.......

I wouldn't say that nobody has done something like this. I know ASV even produced a video of their PT80 pulliing a chain and a scale against all of the other 80hp CTLs. I can't remember the exact numbers but I think the PT80 pulled the same amount as the 332 even though it weighed over 1500lbs less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYT8lQN6YU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--4p49ESIEo&feature=response_watch

JDSKIDSTEER
02-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Not impressed, the scrapers weren't even making a cut... jk! :laugh:

Now that would impress me....LOL:laugh:

I do not think anyone ever realy questioned Deere's power in the past...Just a whole lot of other issues that needed addressed. :dizzy::dizzy:

bobcat_ron
02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't say that nobody has done something like this. I know ASV even produced a video of their PT80 pulliing a chain and a scale against all of the other 80hp CTLs. I can't remember the exact numbers but I think the PT80 pulled the same amount as the 332 even though it weighed over 1500lbs less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYT8lQN6YU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--4p49ESIEo&feature=response_watch

Damn, 328,194+ view on that first vid and people STILL DON'T understand the facts. :laugh:

Vet934
02-24-2010, 01:35 PM
According to the specs the ASV is lighter than the bobcat too. Makes a good point...