PDA

View Full Version : universal quick attach?

tnmtn
02-21-2010, 08:35 PM
roughly what year was it when bobcat went to a quick attach that works with today skid steer attachment plates. i may start looking for an old beater skid steer for a shop machine and was curious if the old 763's for example had the same quick attach system as todays. also, when did all manufacturers start using the same system?
thanks in advance,

Junior M
02-21-2010, 08:43 PM
roughly what year was it when bobcat went to a quick attach that works with today skid steer attachment plates. i may start looking for an old beater skid steer for a shop machine and was curious if the old 763's for example had the same quick attach system as todays. also, when did all manufacturers start using the same system?
thanks in advance,
The 763s had the quick tach, even the 743s.. I believe Dads 730 even had a quick tach..

I am trying to find it on Bobcat when they went to the quick tach system, I know it used to be there..

Junior M
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
http://bobcat.com/historical_specs/skid_steer/overview

went as far back as 1970 and bobtach was standard. So I am thinking you'll be fine with the machines you are looking at..

stuvecorp
02-21-2010, 09:13 PM
thanks in advance,

Not sure on the quick tach part but I would love to have a 'shop' machine also.

tnmtn
02-21-2010, 10:00 PM
we are planning to sell mulch, topsoil, 50/50, and organic compost from our shop this spring summer. i was planning on building a small ramp and using the dingo. but it still wouldn't load dump trucks. it seems the older, still running skid steers are much cheaper than a tractor with loader. we'll see what happens. thanks for the info junior, hope things are going good on your end.
good luck,

Junior M
02-21-2010, 10:12 PM
we are planning to sell mulch, topsoil, 50/50, and organic compost from our shop this spring summer. i was planning on building a small ramp and using the dingo. but it still wouldn't load dump trucks. it seems the older, still running skid steers are much cheaper than a tractor with loader. we'll see what happens. thanks for the info junior, hope things are going good on your end.
good luck,
Anytime man.. Things are same ol same ol here. Hope work is good up there. :waving:

hvy 1ton
02-22-2010, 01:45 AM
If i remember correctly a couple of the biggest bobcats used a non-standard hitch, but other than that you should be fine. I remember reading that the 980 had an oversized hitch to deal with the 4000lb ROC. The 975 and 974 might have been the same.