PDA

View Full Version : Special Trimmer Guard for Headstones ?

EcoGreen Services
02-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Working on a tender and in the scope of work it calls for,

"In order to prevent damage to historic headstones, nylon line trimmers must be used with line that does not exceed .080" and must be equipped with a guide or guard that prevents the trimmer line from operating within 5mm/ 1/4" of headstones"

Has anyone ever see a guide or guard like that ? or know who makes something like that ?.

In over 20 years we've Never Ever had a single complaint about damaging headstones because sometimes we use a piece of rubber truck mudflap to protect them when they're very overgrown but this is a condition of the tender.

SouthSide Cutter
02-21-2010, 10:09 PM
If thats the case you have 1/4" that aint getting trimmed. None of my Cemeterys call for this.

PTP
02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
You could use an edgit (www.edgit.com) You would just need to make sure that the string did not go past the disc and you would be just fine. Of course, the grass would not all get trimmed but it would work perfectly in your situation.

EcoGreen Services
02-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Yes, it's rather odd.
The Old minister at this church retired and a new young one took over last year. From what I understand, At his last church the contractor did a lot of damage to the old Sandstone and Limestone markers.
I may give that Edgeit a shot or just rivet a strip of polyurethane or Aluminum to a stock deflector.