PDA

View Full Version : Aeration

Toughweed
02-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Alright boys, lets hear it. I currently have a turfco walk behind and a bluebird walkbehind aerator (both 10yrs old plus). Does anyone recommend a ride on or another aerator that will be more efficient, profitable and less maintenance?

turfcobob
02-22-2010, 11:07 AM
The TurnAer 4 & 6 that Turfco has been making for 6 years now makes a nice ride behind machine. You trim out the lawn then drop the sulky on it and ride the rest of the lawn. It turns using disc brakes on each side that are applied like snowmobile brakes with the finger tips on the clutch bar. Simple, dependable and easy to care for. See them at turfco.com or call 800-679-8201 for info and video.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/

daves machines rock

Exact Rototilling
02-24-2010, 04:38 PM
If you are doing a ton of aerations on 1/2 acre or larger lawns you might want to consider the Lawn Solutions Ride on stander aerator. Not cheap but if you are doing enough you will pay off the machine quickly.

If I could only get my wife on board with marketing just aerations alone we could seriously bank. :cry:

Toughweed
02-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Judging by the lawnsolutions video of the ride-on spreader, it looks uncomforable to ride-on and i dont know how it would take a little slope.

EastCoast
02-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Lawn Solutions....... makes aeration simple. I just purchased their Turf Revitalizer last week.... can't wait for spring to arrive.

Toughweed
02-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Can anyone comment on how the lawnsolutions ride-on aerator handles slope?

LawnSolutionsCP
03-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Can anyone comment on how the lawnsolutions ride-on aerator handles slope?

This may help...here is short video of both of our aerators on some pretty extreme hills and they do it easily. Those who currentLY run them will confirm.

Hill Video (High Resolution) (http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/HILL1.wmv)

Hill Video (Med Resolution) (http://www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/HILL2.wmv)

David

Toughweed
03-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Thats what I needed. Thanks....... Put that on your website! Its a selling factor!

SeedPro
03-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I like the Lawn Solutions ride on but the price is spooky. $8300.00

The ZPlug from Zspray is cheaper I believe.....or about the same price out the door while larger and not as easily or efficiently used on smaller properties it does have a lot of options for multi use though.

Toughweed
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
If anyone had a lawnsolutions ride-on how about tine strength? I do hit some pretty large roots from time to time.?

Snowy66
04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
I saw David and his aerator at Smitty's in Olathe KS. He intentionally ran over tree roots to show what the machine would do. I saw with my own eyes several 2.5" wood plugs from the tree roots!

DuallyVette
04-03-2010, 12:35 AM
I have the Lawn Solutions ride on and the Z-Plugger. I don't think either one is very good on slopes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but going side to side on a slope, the high side of the aerator wants to rise up, trying to turn me over. Maybe If I adjust it so that it only tickles the ground, instead of trying to penetrate the ground, the hillsides would go better. The LS Aerator Will go in the ground better and put more holes per sq ft.. The Z-Plugger would be faster on penetrable soil. But I parked it in the storage shed and use the LS aerator.

LawnSolutionsCP
04-03-2010, 09:05 AM
When going across slopes with our machine you need to turn the pressure down so the unit does note rise up off the ground. Keep both wheels in contact with the ground and you will pull even plugs all the way across even on hills.
You can adjust the pressure from the control panel on the fly.

When going across hills you have to reduce the force due to the angle.
Posted via Mobile Device

selaeration
04-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I Have the LS ride on and it is a time saver, energy saver and is not uncomfortable at all. I do get some calf soreness after the first few days in the spring but that is just from my muscles getting used to it. Great machine. Great service and I am not beat at the end of the day! Slopes have been no problem for me.

Red Shift
06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
I used a walk behind from lawn solutions and it was stout. I work for one of the big spray companies and brought back $1695 in one day with this thing. Would have had $2085 but a $390 lawn fell out on me. First lawn at 7am and back at the shop by 4:30. And that was being very thorough. Aeration is apparent in bahia.

I only had one callback on 250+ lawns because he couldnt see plugs in heavily thatched augustine with drought conditions.

Hardest part about aeration it is selling it

ArTurf
06-09-2010, 02:53 PM
I used a walk behind from lawn solutions and it was stout. I work for one of the big spray companies and brought back $1695 in one day with this thing. Would have had $2085 but a $390 lawn fell out on me. First lawn at 7am and back at the shop by 4:30. And that was being very thorough. Aeration is apparent in bahia.

I only had one callback on 250+ lawns because he couldnt see plugs in heavily thatched augustine with drought conditions.

Hardest part about aeration it is selling it

What are you charging per sq ft? Are you saying aeration is very beneficial to bahia?