PDA

View Full Version : I might just hire these guys

KingImprovements
02-22-2010, 01:13 AM
I was on craigslist this evening and stumbled upon these guys. Their ad stated that for $25 they would mow edge and blow ANY size yard. For that price I may just forget about my reputation and sub out to these idiots some of my really large jobs. J/jk. I could never really do that but it would be nice if we could. I know people see this all the time but this was my first time seeing it around here. Even without insurance and licensing I don't see how they can afford it. They must be using reel mowers because I didn't even cut yards that cheap when I was using a push mower in early high school. I know times are tough but no wonder you were the one that got laid off.
Posted via Mobile Device

jbannick18
02-22-2010, 01:19 AM
In fl there is a company that hires out lco's and will make deals with the HOA's. Ran into a client who asked me to give them a quote. I was to high at $22.50 a cut... she was paying $12.

Ric3077
02-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Don't even worry about 'em, they will be gone before Summer.

KingImprovements
02-22-2010, 02:03 AM
The best part about it is his email address is sharonprincess. I have a feeling that it is people like this guy who continually flag my posting and have it removed. I guess he is scared that I may steal some of his $25 dollar lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device

clydebusa
02-22-2010, 06:07 AM
There are some of those guys in Tulsa OK, I have lost a few accounts to them. They usely don't do too bad but not too good. So I have gotten a few of the accounts back.
They mow everything at the same height and blow everthing in the street.

THC
02-22-2010, 08:05 AM
For that price I may just forget about my reputation and sub out to these idiots some of my really large jobs. J/jk.
I have never made a post telling someone to use the search function but this is the 1000th time I've heard that joke.:cry:

KingImprovements
02-22-2010, 08:24 AM
That's good that you have never told anyone else that because usually you search a word or several words. Thanks for being a **** and letting me know, I really appreciate it (sarcasm). Really if you don't want to read something then don't click on it. I think some people just constantly patrol lawnsite trying to boost there egos
Posted via Mobile Device

vanncann
02-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Dothan had a guy like this last last year. He ran an add in the news paper "any yard in Dothan for $19.95. He lasted for about 6 to 7 weeks and disappeared. This guy ruined the beginning of the season for the city of Dothan. Hopefully it won't happen again this year???

Equipguy
02-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Last June a company left a hanger on my door offering any lawn for $19.95. Most lawns in my neighborhood are larger than the norm and neighbors pay between $35-40 per cut or about $150 per month.

At the time I was doing all commercial work located near my shop about 30-45 minutes from my home. So when I sent my crew to cut my lawn I figured it was costing me about $60 or so. Long story short is I called these guys, they show up in an old station wagon with 2-21" throwaway mowers and cheap handheld stuff. None the less they did a nice job and lasted from June till mid September which surprised me. Then they missed a week and finally stopped coming but the last 2 weeks were free because they never sent me a bill. I kinda hope they come back this summer.:laugh: