PDA

View Full Version : What discounts or deals are you doing on your flyers

cpt87gn
02-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Im going to get my flyers made soon 5.5" X 8.5" Regular paper with 1 color
but I want to offer some kind of special (Discount) on them to get them to call.
Im targeting newer subdivisions Bi-weeklys theres not a lot of weekly accounts around here.avarage yard is 35$
Since i only have experiance in mowing trimming blowing. Theres not a lot of options.
I was thinking of offering the 12th or 10Th mow free
what are you offering
thank you

MikeKle
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I tried a similar thing when I first got started, I was offering 50% off the first mowing and even better deal for senior citizens, although I did get some calls about general service and gained some accounts, not one person took advantage of that deal. I figured they were more interested in seeing the quality of my work and if they liked it, they were going to keep me anyway, and were not that interested in saving any money. I ended up keeping them all, and now I dont ever offer any special deal. Sometimes the people you attract with money off or special deals is NOT the customers you want to keep. They will only want it mowed bi-weekly or even less in summer, and forget about timely payments!

cpt87gn
02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
I dont have any accounts so any accounts are good.

rcslawncare
02-22-2010, 10:57 PM
I would just go with the best filer you can put out, it will get you high end clients willing to pay for this kind of service. Money off and discounts like said above lead to people who want everything discounted. Just wow them with your services and you will have no problem as iv found, people talk!!!

MikeKle
02-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Being that you have no customers yet, you will probably have to service some less than desirable people! When I was starting out, I took any kind of work from anyone just to have the work, and it was usually nasty yards that no other lawn service would even touch, but it is kinda like lawn care boot camp, make it thru the first couple seasons and things will improve, then you can dump all the ones you dont like and be picky about the work you do take on. It is nice to be able to look at a yard you truly know is going to be PITA, and say Nah, not interested, or its not really in my area.