PDA

View Full Version : Best Velke SUlky???

jameszell24
02-23-2010, 02:10 AM
I currently have a an exmark tthp 36" that came with a bull rider and the bull rider keeps getting hung on curbs and side walks and about makes you flip over the mower. What is the best Velke sulky for curbs and side walks????/

Turf Dawg
02-23-2010, 09:12 AM
To me the best sulky for 32/36" mowers is the Velke single wheel made by Wright MFG. They have a new style now that has a spring in it. These single wheel Velke's will follow right behind the mower and I have never had the single wheel drop off of a curb like the duel wheel ones do. Many people that cut cool season grass do not like them because they will leave a wheel mark in the middle of their stripe, but for you and I that cut warm season grass it is not a problem.

ElephantNest
02-23-2010, 09:30 AM
I can't stand the one wheeled ones. Leaves a stupid third tire track, and drives me nuts. My favorite velkie is the Jungle Wheels 2 wheeled velkie, I've used mine on my 36" TTHP for over 6 years now, not one single problem.

I cut warm season grass too, and I can easliy see the 3rd tire track.

RCSindiana
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
To me the pro slide looks to be the way to go. It will pull you along and stripe the grass at the same time. The best part is you just step off and it springs up so you can walk if need be.

vharman4
02-23-2010, 03:56 PM
the proslide looks cool but i think it would be kind of annoying having to step off everytime you arent on the grass

SperaLandscaping
02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Another vote for the Jungle Jim Jungle wheels. They are great and built very tough.

DieselLandscaping
02-23-2010, 05:25 PM
velke single wheel.
I personally hate the wheel mark.
proslides are a great idea, but if you hold allot of commercial accounts, running across asphalt and sidewalks happens too much.
Havineer makes velkes for cheap, but you get what you pay for.
I've switched to the 2 wheel velke and i couldnt be happier. all my single wheels will go on backup mowers and to friends.

Turf Dawg
02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
I guess I may be out of the norm, because the two wheeled Velke I bought once to go on a 32" Gravely I hated. When making turns in the corners it would run off the curb, hit house, hit fence, go into bed, ect. I had to make wider and more gradual turns to stop this from happening creating more trimming. I will stick with the single wheel Velke, I also like the way they track better also, no slap from side to side on rough ground. I guess to each his own.