PDA

View Full Version : jungle wheels on quick mowers

ashs inc
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
has anyone ever attached a set of jungle wheels to any quick mowers? i have an old set of jwheels and was wondering if they would fit a quick mower.

thanks

MikeKle
02-23-2010, 05:19 PM
As long as you have enough room to mount the plate that attaches to the mower, it will work fine, My friend uses jungle wheels on his ferris mowers and they work great

green_thumb
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Just bought a 61" ferris dual drive wb and am looking for a sulky. Do these "jungle wheel" brand sulkys work good compared to other ones?
Thanks

MikeKle
03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
The jungle wheels has an arm that is adjustable, but the one thing I do not like about them is the tires are big and the standing platform will not spin 360 degrees, meaning the plate will not spin around because the large wheels stop it on the trailing arm, but the Velke X2 will spin around 360 degrees since they have tiny tires. It does make a difference when you are backing up. Plus you ride a little higher up on the jungle wheels. I didnt like the feel of them, but my friend loves his on his Ferris. I think they are both about the same price.

green_thumb
03-10-2010, 11:08 PM
I just looked up the velke x2. ( the yellow one right?)
I see what you mean by the platform not spinning around 360 on the jungle wheel.
Is that only useful when the sulky is not in use and is up? So you can swing the wheels around for more compact storage?

MikeKle
03-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Yes, it does help, but the main use is when you are backing up, the jungle wheel would end up stopping when it hits the trailing arm, and if you continue to back up, it will start digging into the ground with the tires being sideways, but the Velke X2 will just go in a reverse position, plus when you chain them up, it folds up so it takes up less space. I thought both sulkies were red though? maybe they are making different colors now?

green_thumb
03-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Ok. Thanx!! 
Posted via Mobile Device