PDA

View Full Version : FF for Walker grass boxes?

starry night
02-23-2010, 01:22 PM
I've never figured out how to keep the grass from sticking so much to the inside of my Walker GHS boxes. Does anyone have any ACTUAL experience with using Fluid Film for that?

DLAWNS
02-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Yes. I use it in the hopper and it works great. Gotta reapply a little more than not. But it definitely does help. I even use it on the small bagger for my walkbehind and the grass slips out easier and keeps the rust under control too.
Posted via Mobile Device

starry night
02-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Yes. I use it in the hopper and it works great. Gotta reapply a little more than not. But it definitely does help. I even use it on the small bagger for my walkbehind and the grass slips out easier and keeps the rust under control too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, DLAWNS. I'm glad someone replied that actually used it. I haven't used Fluid Film at all, yet. I am planning to get some for this season. I wasn't sure how it would work on the poly plastic of the Walker hopper.
Spray it on or brush it for this use?

Dano50
02-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Just so you know, when I respond to threads like these, I am using words given me by actual users. I don't want to send anybody erroneous information.

DLAWNS
02-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I usually use the spray cans or more often than not the undercoating gun. I'm sure the brush would work just as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lazer_Z
02-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Posted via Mobile Device Now Bill, You know that if you bought a real catcher (Accelerator :cough: Accelerator :cough: lol) you wouldn't have to worry about rust ever.

I know I don't need to keep it from rusting, but I do spray mine with a coat of FF. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to clean out, I can literally peel the grass off of the inside.

DLAWNS
02-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Now Bill, You know that if you bought a real catcher (Accelerator :cough: Accelerator :cough: lol) you wouldn't have to worry about rust ever.

I know I don't need to keep it from rusting, but I do spray mine with a coat of FF. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to clean out, I can literally peel the grass off of the inside.

Haha yeah. I think mine's a grass gobbler, that accelerator catcher is serious though.

SKYNYRD
02-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks, DLAWNS. I'm glad someone replied that actually used it. I haven't used Fluid Film at all, yet. I am planning to get some for this season. I wasn't sure how it would work on the poly plastic of the Walker hopper.
Spray it on or brush it for this use?

to say you haven't used fluid film is like saying you've never breathed! fluid film is every bit as important to survival as oxygen, food and, water:cool2:

SKYNYRD
02-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Haha yeah. I think mine's a grass gobbler, that accelerator catcher is serious though.

i have an accelorator for my bop, the thing weighs a ton empty:dizzy:

starry night
02-23-2010, 09:42 PM
to say you haven't used fluid film is like saying you've never breathed! fluid film is every bit as important to survival as oxygen, food and, water:cool2:

Looking at this forum, FF sure has its devotees.
Strangely, I know of no landscaper in my area that uses it although the local John Deere implement dealer stocks it -- must be the farmers that use it.

SKYNYRD
02-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Looking at this forum, FF sure has its devotees.
Strangely, I know of no landscaper in my area that uses it although the local John Deere implement dealer stocks it -- must be the farmers that use it.

fluid film is used in all walks of life from the navy to joe homeowner with john deere, nasa, the hew hampshire dot, salt mine operations and tons of other professions in between:weightlifter:

Lazer_Z
02-24-2010, 09:25 AM
i have an accelorator for my bop, the thing weighs a ton empty:dizzy: Huh? How does it weigh more empty? It's aluminum, my old GG was way heavier than my Accelerator. Some people confuse me, if it wasn't for our mutual love of an awesome product called Fluid Film I'd be really worried about you being crazy lol :D .

SKYNYRD
02-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Huh? How does it weigh more empty? It's aluminum, my old GG was way heavier than my Accelerator. Some people confuse me, if it wasn't for our mutual love of an awesome product called Fluid Film I'd be really worried about you being crazy lol :D .

i never said it weighed more empty:hammerhead: i never said anything about how much it weighs full either:nono: i simply remarked on how heavy it is to begin with:hammerhead:

:laugh::laugh::waving:

Lazer_Z
02-24-2010, 12:39 PM
i have an accelorator for my bop, the thing weighs a ton empty:dizzy: May I bring your attention to this quote? Some people, geeze, ya just can't win :hammerhead: :dizzy: :rolleyes:

Is it spring yet :cry: ? , God I hate winter and cabin fever. Snow sucks! :realmad:

SKYNYRD
02-24-2010, 12:48 PM
what's so hard to understand rob? it weighs a lot empty, meaning unloaded, no grass in it, not on the machine, just empty. everyone who has picked it up can not believe how heaqvy it is

Dano50
02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I got it. :dancing:

SKYNYRD
02-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I got it. :dancing:

:clapping::clapping::clapping::waving:

Lazer_Z
02-24-2010, 07:12 PM
what's so hard to understand rob? it weighs a lot empty, meaning unloaded, no grass in it, not on the machine, just empty. everyone who has picked it up can not believe how heaqvy it isI'm not trying to argue with ya, I know that you mean an empty catcher. I'm saying the same thing. Peace :waving:

starry night
02-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Man, you guys ARE suffering from cabin fever. You've spent all day talking about a grass catcher!

SKYNYRD
02-25-2010, 12:11 AM
you say that like it's a bad thing;);)

:laugh::laugh:

DLAWNS
02-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm very confused! I saw this conversation in the am so when I went to the trade show today I picked one up and it was super light. The only thing I'm wondering if it's like really heavy when it's full of grass because it's so much bigger.

SKYNYRD
02-25-2010, 12:46 AM
bill, everyone who has ever picked up the one i got for my bop says it's heavy. dunno what else to tell you other than it's god awful heavy when loaded:laugh:

Lazer_Z
02-25-2010, 11:00 AM
bill, everyone who has ever picked up the one i got for my bop says it's heavy. dunno what else to tell you other than it's god awful heavy when loaded:laugh:What size do you have for you BOP? Is it the 4.15cuft model?

That's the one I bought for my mower, I can put in on with one hand and sometimes remove it with one hand, that is if the grass is somewhat dry. It does get heavy and becomes somewhat of a PITA with damp or really wet grass, but what isn't a PITA in wet grass?

DLAWNS
02-25-2010, 03:11 PM
but what isn't a PITA in wet grass?

very true:usflag:

SKYNYRD
02-25-2010, 08:37 PM
got no clue what size it is rob, i'll try to find out though