View Full Version : residential rates in ne ohio

jlr grounds care llc
02-23-2010, 06:48 PM
What are members residential rates in ne ohio 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots
mow,trim edge weekly
Thanks

ALC-GregH
02-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Rates? Don't you have a business plan to determine what you "need" to charge? Doesn't matter what anyone else is charging. Or if you really have to know what your competition is charging, call them up and ask.

jlr grounds care llc
02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
no,I do have a ten year in service business plan and am making a living at this
(a good one at that) I was just wondering how the ression has affected locals.
I thought this site was set up as a forum for us. Not a bashing.

yardguy28
02-23-2010, 07:25 PM
it's not suppose to be a bashing. you'll need to learn to ignore those kind of people. it took me a while to learn that from another site. this one seems to be much better. not as many @ssholes, at least so far i haven't found as many.

jlr grounds care llc
02-23-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm really trying to get a feel of whats happening in our area.My rates are "my rates"
Thanks for the input

RCSindiana
02-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Dont worry yourself over the agressive answers you get on these boards. Its really a honest question that probably everyone has asked at one point or another. Its always met with the same attitude about your cost and his cost. the reality no matter whos cost is more or less is the two will have to both meet a certain price to get the job and perform at a high enough level to keep the job. Basically your 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots will be pretty much whatever your minimum is. So whats its worth for your 30 minutes of work and gas over there? Minimum are a good way to figure the smallest yards. I myself will do nothing for less than 30 dollars. Sometimes it gets the job and sometimes the neighbor kid mows it for 15 bucks. You never know and its the nature of the beast that you are not going to get every job you bid no matter what pricing you go by. Arrogance and a cocky attitude will take alot of them out of the equation.

topsites
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
So let me see how this works...

You've got ten years into it and are doing swell but you don't know the rates,
then with all them years and you ain't got the skin to take a bit of abuse?

See how that fails the test?

Which, I'm not saying nobody ever gets to me either but ...
Anyhow don't get so angry, someone pulls your leg or kicks around a little bit.

I'll give you the other forums suck, but you think LS is bad, this is the cream of the crop,
good as it gets, you want better then get an education or enjoy it best you can.

Let me put it another way, LS doesn't come up first on Google by mistake.

All right, so ...
The reason why folks in the commercial mowing section tend to act like they
know it all is because for one maybe they do lol, but honestly speaking it's also
because this type of question likely belongs in the "Starting a Business Section."
And so it's probably a round-about way of saying "You're doing it wrong."

Anyhow you might try it there, I'd think you'd probably stand a better chance with that.

Peace out

ALC-GregH
02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
no,I do have a ten year in service business plan and am making a living at this
(a good one at that) I was just wondering how the ression has affected locals.
I thought this site was set up as a forum for us. Not a bashing.

I'm not bashing you. Your just asking a very open ended question that is near impossible to answer. Now your saying you just were wondering how the recession has effected locals. Right there is a big difference.

MikeKle
02-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I always laugh when these questions come up! With all the variables involved, how could anyone say this is the rate for this particular area? And you dont know anyone else in your area you could ask this of, that could probably give you a better answer? I know lots of guys around here in lawn care, but I make my own rates. I do many of the yards your asking about, and the ones that have zero obstacles and no fences or pools,etc. and just basically open level yard, I charge about $35-$40.

pkra12
02-24-2010, 01:12 PM
jlr grounds care, I'm from northeast OH and the smaller yards are going for around 25-30, figure your yards at 50 per half acre with out any real obstacles or hazards. There's a real problem with lowballing though, a hillbilly with a tractor will cut those same yards for 12-16