PDA

View Full Version : software recommendations

premierlighting
02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
any suggestions of a good software to run a landscape lighting company? We currently use Quickbooks for our accounting, but want a software to operate our scheduling of quotes, jobs, repairs, customer data base, inventory, and have it all tied into Quickbooks.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-24-2010, 04:23 PM
I have never found a packaged software solution that will do all that we want for our niche business. SO... as we speak, I am having a custom Dbase program developed. It will integrate contacts, designs, quotes, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, inventory control and invoices.

Once we have it completed and beta-tested, I might consider making it available to others, for an appropriate fee of course.

extlights
02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I'll have to get the name of the program that we use, but it sounds like what you're looking for. It works with quickbooks and it's a complete database where you can do scheduling, reminders (up to a year in advance I believe), invoices, contracts, inventory etc. I think we got it at Officemax and it was only around $200 I believe. We've used it for probably 5 years now without any problems.

premierlighting
02-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks Dave, if you can get me that name, I would appreciate it.

extlights
02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
No Problem. Are you a newer company down there? That's a pretty good area....alot of upscale subdivisions down Randall Road. Years ago we did some work with a couple of developers down there.

RLDesign
02-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Hello All,

We researched looking into software, paid a ton for it, and then went back to the drawing board with quickbooks. Although it may not seem like it, we run our entire company on quickbooks. We do not do inventory because they are so many facets to the company, but we could if we wanted to. We schedule all our clients for their service as they suggested, update on/off times, etc. Look at QB and you will be suprised. You have to really learn how to use QB or find a professional and tell them what you want QB to do.

Thanks,

Tanek