PDA

View Full Version : Re: LOAD HANDLER

KNOWHOWELTD
06-10-2002, 01:09 PM
LOADHANDLER.COM (www.loadhandler.com)

anyone ever seen or used one of these? they seem practical for small gravel and mulch jobs. see eventually im getting a comercial f450 w/ dump back, but this conveyor system seems good... is 3000lb handling realistic for a truck bed full of product? they arn't too expensive either... i saw them on some news review this morning.

captdevo
06-10-2002, 01:18 PM
did a search (upper right corner), this is what i found.....http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=114977&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

ohiolawnguy
06-10-2002, 07:49 PM
they work pretty good for small gravel, dirt, and mulch jobs. we used one for a couple seasons. sometimesyou have to clean out the wheelwells in the bed. otherwise, the load handler will turn, but everything else will stay in place.

I wouldn't suggest putting too much weight on one, or building a leaf box and expecting it to handle all the leaves.

If you can't currently afford a dump bed, or truck, the loadhandler can be quite helpful.

Henry
06-10-2002, 09:31 PM
3000 lbs. may not be realistic for the truck itself.

KNOWHOWELTD
06-10-2002, 09:51 PM
could you not throw 3000 lbs in the back of f350? they got good springs, etc.

SummitFarmer
06-12-2002, 10:43 PM
I use mine all the time for anything from topsoil to AB3. One trick I learned was to put down a poly tarp under it and that way you don't have as much trouble cleaning out from behind the wheel wells you can just pick it up. Only real problem I had was once had a load of rock on it and the tailgate was too close to the border of the area we were unloading it in and I had to take the dad blamed handle out every 3/4 turn and stick it in the other side.

robert payer
06-12-2002, 10:51 PM
Load handler has worked fairly well for us. Worth its reasonable price. Buy the heavy duty one. All parts are metal and not plastic.

SpringValley
06-13-2002, 07:26 AM
I have one that a buddy gave me. Works great. I have it in my 1 ton Chevy dually. I have had 3+ yards of mulch on it, over 4000 lbs of crushed rock and chunks of sod removed from a landscape bed. Only trick is once you get it moving don't stop or it is really hard to start again. Especially with a lot of weight on it. You will need something smooth and slippery underneath it. I also install vinyl fence so I have my truck bed lined with 1x6 vinyl boards so the load handler slides easier when loaded.

Matt:blob3:

bikerboy
06-14-2002, 12:58 AM
i mow lawns here in south central kansas and i use one for grass clippings and it works really well. dont leave grass on it though or it gets really nasty, i love mine!!!!!!!!