PDA

View Full Version : Buying new trailer

rcslawncare
02-24-2010, 07:00 PM
I am hopefully going to get a new trailer this weekend. It is a 82" by 12' Tandem. It has a break a way kit and brakes on one axle. Is it a good deal being priced at $1595? Thats out the door, have to pay tax back in Il when I switch the plate over. Its 225 miles away from me. The pictures are a 16 I believe, but just so you get the idea! It is a 12' footer!!

GrasMstr
02-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Nice trailer, nice price. Where in Illinois are you getting it? Exactly what I am looking for.:canadaflag:

rcslawncare
02-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Its MSI, Northeast of me in Indiana. I was gonna go 14' for some extra room, but its not a big deal. I would like to get a dump from them also, they have some decent deals out there. Should be going here in the next couple of days!

DLCS
02-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Pay the extra and get brakes on both axles so you are legal in Illinois. Dot is cracking down bigtime this year on lawn guys.

rcslawncare
02-25-2010, 02:11 AM
I knew that they were trying to make dual axle braes, is it already in affect? I defiantly don't wanna have to add another axle of brakes later!! Thanks for the heads up!

DLCS
02-25-2010, 02:18 AM
In Illinois, any tandem axle trailer, must have brakes on both axles.

rcslawncare
02-25-2010, 02:44 AM
Dang, have to look into that then. Im almost positive that these, even the 16 footers have only on brake axle.

Raymond S.
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
so does that mean I shouldn't bother sending you pics of the 16' trailer I have for sale?
BTW...MSI is about 10 minutes from me. They do have some cheap stuff but are pure a$$holes to deal with. I have been on their lot quite a few times and don't remember seeing a 12' tandem. I had their vendor build my trailer. It's about 5 minutes from there. JB Enterprises is the name. They can build something alot better than what you're going to get off the lot there and for cheaper, it's basically factory direct. Jim is the guy's name and it's 574-294-2561.
If you want to drive about 10minutes closer to you I have that 16' and also a dump bed that I will be selling. Hell, I'd make you a package deal on the trailer, 94 F250 4x4 w/ a dump already installed and whatever other mowers trimmers blowers etc. that you may need.

rcslawncare
02-25-2010, 07:31 PM
so does that mean I shouldn't bother sending you pics of the 16' trailer I have for sale?
BTW...MSI is about 10 minutes from me. They do have some cheap stuff but are pure a$$holes to deal with. I have been on their lot quite a few times and don't remember seeing a 12' tandem. I had their vendor build my trailer. It's about 5 minutes from there. JB Enterprises is the name. They can build something alot better than what you're going to get off the lot there and for cheaper, it's basically factory direct. Jim is the guy's name and it's 574-294-2561.
If you want to drive about 10minutes closer to you I have that 16' and also a dump bed that I will be selling. Hell, I'd make you a package deal on the trailer, 94 F250 4x4 w/ a dump already installed and whatever other mowers trimmers blowers etc. that you may need.

If I get pictures of the trailer, it will make it easier decide. I would entertain any trailer at this point.