PDA

View Full Version : Best way to land commercial accounts?

IrishBlood
02-24-2010, 06:51 PM
We are relatively new to the lawncare industry, doing all residential by way of newspaper ads. We are trying to break into the commercial side of things, and I am looking for any pointers on how to best go about it. We have done quite a bit of handshaking with cashiers and such, getting contact info for their lawncare needs, however the feedback has been less than stellar. Is this how most companies break in or is there some secret we are missing? And what is the timeframe that most businesses begin to consider their summer needs? We are located in northeast Ohio. Thank you!

Rivervalleylawns
02-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Cashiers and such dont make business choices.

RCSindiana
02-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Commercial can take years to crack. Its all about getting to the right person. The right person however knows this and he is well guarded so to speak. Unless you are aiming for large commercial like apartment complexes,schools,cemetaries. I think you will find the money is not alot different than your typical residential price tag. example: Take say a typical Auto Zone that has your front patch of grass by the road and a side strip. Locally here they will get it done for 30 bucks. About the same as a small residential yard. Its no gold mine like some people think just because it commercial so to speak.

Big C
02-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Get a good reputation in the residential market and it will spill over into commercial work....eventually you well have a residential customer that will refer you to a realtive/friend that is a decision maker for a commercial property and so fourth.....at least that is the approach I am taking....I am in business for the long haul and I am not in a rush to get too big too fast.