PDA

View Full Version : Florida The Frosty State

zturncutter
02-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Don't look now but Central Florida is now forecast to have temperatures once again in the upper 20's. Hope you haven't replaced any tender tropicals yet. I have had some success selling customers on hardy plant material, this can only help.:cool2:

billslawn89
02-25-2010, 10:35 AM
ya, you are right...watching the weather this morning and another freeze warning for tonight, thursday. only exceptions are the counties along the water, but inland are under the warning. i'm sure sarasota will be added to the warning, but as of now, its not, but i'll be covering my plants again.

had one of my clients ask me about trimming back her plants and had it scheduled for today, but i called them to reschedule until next week to be on the safe side...here we go again..wtf?

zturncutter
02-25-2010, 10:56 AM
I have already completely replaced some of the tender landscape material with hardy ornamentals like Viburnum, Lorepetilum, Elegnus etc. . The per cut part of my business has just been non existant this winter, and the contract customers are starting to wonder when they are going to get regular weekly service. At least I have a lot of hardwoods out here and I need to blow off driveways weekly when it stays this cold. That keeps me in contact with the customers.

billslawn89
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
ya, i hear ya about the per cuts...my contract clients i at least show up every other week and edge and blow of the driveway and pick up any debris. some of them ask me why i even showed up. lol

KrayzKajun
02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
its like tht here in louisiana! we are usually gettin ready to go full swing for the season