PDA

View Full Version : Buying my first ZTR need advise

rider lawncare
02-24-2010, 07:15 PM
I am looking for a ztr to use for the first time. Wanting some advice on one since there are so many brands out there with so many different ones. I do not want to make a mistake and buy some garbage. Looking for a dependent mower that cuts some nice grass and that has a nice price. Looking for something with a decent price which doesnt mean cheap. Just not looking to spend 13k on one.

MowinginEureka
02-24-2010, 08:06 PM
A lot of options here. What size yards do you have? Tight spaces or Gates? Are you going to bag your grass, mulch it, or shoot it out of the side? What brands do you have available within a short distance of where you live or do business? It does you no good to buy say a scag if the nearest qualified person to repair it is an hour away. I have heard mountains of good things about Scag, they climb hills like goats. Walkers are awesome mowers for quality of cut. There are Husqvarnas, which Ive looked at and are very nice...You could get a Stander mower, or a walk behind and stand on a Sulkie. Like a Better Quick Duallie 44'(brand) Be out the door for less than 4 grand delivered to your door.

mowerbrad
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Like the previous poster pointed out, you have alot of things to consider when shopping for a new ztr. The biggest thing you need to consider is whether there is a good dealer/service center near you for your mower. Otherwise just look for something that is in good condition and appears to have been well maintained.

Here's my little sales pitch....buy my dixie chopper, I'll make you a good deal on it.

rcslawncare
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
If your not partial to a brand already, go demo, now more than ever are people letting lawn guys demo waiting to get that mower sold! Go demo as much as you can, you will find a fit that just feels right instead of looking at numbers and pictures. And bigger isn't always better!!

AllAmericanlawn
02-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Check out the new Yazoo Kees Max 3 ZTR. Best mower on the market for the money. 16cc pumps and a 29 kaw on a 61" for $8500+ tax. They are very reliable mowers, Cut great, Sit very low for good stability on hillsides.

jmullins6987
02-25-2010, 08:17 AM
You should check out the bob-cat line they are a good solid product and are thousands of dollars less than a exmark or scag and your not scaficing quailty. Check out the guy at www.bob-catmowers.com he has some of the best prices on bobcat and is super friendly and helpful.

ALC-GregH
02-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Your location is key as well. Some mowers cut better on different grasses then others. So to answer your question. We would need WAY more info to try and help.

snowman 2008
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Its true the quialty of cut with mowers & grass types.
What are guys in your area using?Could help !

Paul

blakerugg
02-25-2010, 10:47 AM
also, make sure you have a need for a zero turn and not walk behinds. im looking for a new mower too and all the trustworthy dealers around here are asking me if i really NEED it, and if a hydro wb will be enough. my mower will either be scag, exmark, or possibly wright. scag is growing on me. dealer support is very important as well. you should be able to judge a dealer just from talking to them and seeing how helpful they are.