PDA

View Full Version : Test Run New Mowers Today

SouthSide Cutter
02-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Had a chance to run alot of diff mowers today. Scags and Toros. I graded what I run. Now we didnt cut grass but I know how they cut anyway. Graded them from 1-10. Ran on hills and rough ground.
Scag Pro V 1 Just didnt like this mower and it had a sulky, realy awkward.
Scag Stand On 9 Really like it, short, easy to use. But your legs on long day only draw back. I am 6' 2" and might have to duck alot.
All Scags ZTRs 9 except the diesel just to heavy as any diesel. Only good for hay fields in my view.
Scag Walk Behind Hydro pistol grip 9
Toro Grandstand 8.5 Same as Scag only felt larger. Same feeling on height.
Toro G3 9 They set low and are short coupled
Toro Walkbehind Hydro pistol grip 9 It and the Scag are really nice walkbehinds
Stihl 70 series Weedeater 2 stroke 9 nice And light
FR100RX 9 nice just alot lighter than Echo
BR 600 Mag 9 Lighter than Echo 755 and more comfortable
Echo 755 was a 9 until I run the 600
Echo 265T 9 Heavier than the Stihl but I have these and know what they do.

Was nice to run something put it down and compare then pick it back up or run it again.

scotlykins
02-24-2010, 08:09 PM
What about the Scag Pro V ? It is supposed to be much easier to use than the pistol grip.
What did you not like?

SouthSide Cutter
02-24-2010, 08:25 PM
What about the Scag Pro V ? It is supposed to be much easier to use than the pistol grip.
What did you not like?

When you went in a ditch with the sulky you had a tendency to pull up on the controls. On the old pistol grip and new standons they worked just like a ZTR. You can reverse one wheel while the other is forward. You just have to run one. I just didnt like it, and listened to others with the same view. And its only the controls I didnt like.

scotlykins
02-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanks.

A scag rep is supposed to bring me a demo this week. I worried about what you experienced on a hill or ditch.

How did you like the Regular Scag walk-behind in the ditch ? Was it a full size?

Agree with your assessment of the 600 blower and the 100rx. I have never been a Stihl person, (RedMax), but love those two products.

SouthSide Cutter
02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Ran all the mowers on the same hills ditches. The controls on the Grandstand and Scag Standon were about the same and they are better than pistol grip to me. They are just like a ZTR only smaller. The mowers were all 48-52"
The pistol grip in a 48 and a pro slide that folds up after your off is what I want.